Thursday, July 17, 2008

Home Visit

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Hey all! Its been a while, so I'll catch you up on what's been going on with us. Josh and I had our final visit with our social worker, Jessie, last week Friday! This meeting was a bit different because she came over to our house. We handed in some more paperwork, answered a few more questions, and then gave Jess the "grand tour" of our home. She thought the house looked great! Phew...glad I didn't go crazy cleaning!
We probably won't have very much contact with Jessie until we receive the referral of our BABY! Now the wait begins. I'm starting a list of projects that I hope to accomplish by the time we find out who Baby O is. If you have any suggestions, though, feel free to leave a comment!
Josh and I are going on vacation for the next few weeks with our families. So we'll be seeing some of you very soon! Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful summer!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the homestudy interviews! That a big step toward getting your referral.

    Regarding your to do list:

    1. Sleep
    2. Clean out all those closets, drawers & dark corners of the basement
    3. Enjoy being together as a couple doing things, like going to the movies, that you won't be able to do very often w/a little one
    4. Start a journal, scrap book or lifebook for your baby documenting the process - you wont have time later!
    5. Did I mention sleep?

    Have a great vacation!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Kristen's list.

    I would like to stress... Do everything that you want to do that is hard to do with children!!! At first, you will only want to do child friendly things, but then you will all be comfortable together and want to do some of the things that you had always wanted to do. Some things are much harder (or impossible) with a toddler. Go on that dream vacation. Go to the movies. Theater/opera lover... better do it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting this part done!! So excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your home visit went well. I actually have a gigantic list of suggested activities/tasks to do while waiting - if you're interested, let me know and I'll email it to you. Have a fun vacation and I can't wait to see a picture of Baby O!

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails