Monday, August 25, 2008

Connected again

After some silly complications, we FINALLY are back to the 21st century and have the internet again! I'll catch you up on what's been going on...
Well, we've been in Indiana for just over a week! Everything is going very well so far. On Thursday (August 14th) morning, Josh & I finished packing up the U-Haul and headed out of WI. My mom, Julie, was sweet enough to ride along with me in my car. Josh drove the truck with our other car on a trailer behind it.
When we got to town, a large group of members from our new church were there to welcome us and help move all of our stuff inside our apartment. We were thankful to have them there - they carried everything in so fast! For the next couple of days we worked to get the apartment unpacked and toured around town. It was so nice to have Mom there to keep us motivated and to explore the city with! On Sunday (17th) Josh was installed and the church had a potluck for us.
Josh & I have met so many fabulous people here. The members at church have welcomed us with open arms. They are so friendly & easy to talk to - I know we will become dear friends with many of them. We've already been spoiled with many invitations for some great food & company!
Josh loved his first week as "Vicar" (aka pastor-in-training). This will be a very busy year for him to learn & grow & share God's Word. He will deliver his first sermon this coming Sunday, so between meetings, bible studies, canvassing, & quick dinners he's been trying to get that written & memorized.
Our apartment is so great. We have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a great living room/kitchen area. Our complex also has a pool, fitness room, sauna, & hot tub! My favorite part is probably the beautiful park right next to us - with walking trails and sports' courts. One of the best times of my day is popping in my i-pod and running in the park.
I spend my days getting our place in order, checking out the town, and looking for a job. Ugh, job hunting is not fun, but I'm hoping to find something soon! In the meantime I'm just going to swim in the pool and watch TV completely guilt free.:)
All in all, we feel SO very blessed to be here. We are looking forward to a year of fun, blessings, and new experiences. Keep us in your prayers!
I'll have to take some pictures of our place and the church to post on here soon. I hope that each of you are doing very well and that you're enjoying these "tail-end" days of summer.
Love, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails