Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Goosebumps

Have you been watching??!! I think I've had constant goosebumps for the last week! The gymnastics competitions have had me jumping out of my seat with excitement and how can you not stand and cheer for Michael Phelps?!
Since I was little, I have always loved watching the Olympics. I would collect every blank tape I could get my hands on, set myself up in front of the TV, hit record on the VCR and watch all day long. Months later I'd still be watching my precisely labeled tapes of Kristi Yamaguchi, Michael Johnson, Dominique Moceanu, and many of the other talented athletes. There just is something so special about the Olympics that I've always been drawn to ~ learning about other countries, hearing the life stories behind the athletes & their struggle to get to the games, listening to the national anthem played and getting teary-eyed, and simply the excitement of competition. I am in constant awe of the God-given talent, dedication, composure, and focus that the athletes display.
If you haven't been watching.....turn it on! (or bust out your VHS tapes....ok, fine, tivo). It'll put you in a great mood and maybe you'll even be inspired to go out and do something beyond your wildest dreams. Get ready for the goosebumps.
Along with cheering the US on, this year I've been keeping a close eye on the Korean team ~ they are 3rd in the metal count!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Craig and I are HUGE Olympic fans! We have the WHOLE THING ti-vo'd. We're about three days behind right now, but we don't care, we just keep watching in our own little world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad there are other Olympic "junkies" out there like me! LOL!! In fact, I'm watching diving right now... :o) The gymnastics competition totally gave me goosebumps, as did Park Tae Hwan winning the first swimming gold for S. Korea!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails