Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I-171H!!!!

The day before we left WI, we received a VERY important document in the mail - our I-171H!! I was SO excited that I started jumping up & down and waving the paper at Josh and our friends who were helping us pack the truck!
You're probably wondering what I was so excited about?? In early July we sent in an application (I-600A) to the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) to request to adopt a baby from Korea. They also received our Home Study and took our fingerprints. Well, we are now approved by the government to adopt! We are officially "paper ready" to become parents!
So now what?? We just keep waiting. The paperwork is finished until the referral of our sweet baby. A LONG way to go, but each day brings us closer. Think baby steps.

If the LORD delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm;
though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with his hand. (Psalm 37:23-24)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on receiving your I-171H. Now you can sit back and patiently wait for that next sheet of paper... the faxed scan of your referral's photo maybe?

    I hope that your move went well and that you are all settled into your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news! You guys sure have a lot going on. Hope everything goes quickly and smoothly!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails