Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Shhh"

Just practicing for my new job. As a Children's Librarian Reference Assistant. "Shhh!"

After we moved I started looking for a job. Not something that is on my list of "fun" things to do, but it had to be done. I interviewed twice for the Library position and was offered the job on Friday! A BIG weight off of our shoulders. Obviously Josh is working full time now at church, but with our Baby O hopefully making his/her debut next year, we have expenses that need to be taken care of! The position is for 20 hours/week, but the pay is high enough to make up for it being only part-time. I'm excited to have that extra time at home to be with Josh, work on projects, and help out at church.

So what will I be doing? I'll help children find books, assist with and lead "story times", give a hand in organizing reading programs, and help decorate the Children's area for holidays and special occasions. I have a teaching degree, so this position will allow many opportunities to use what I learned and the talents I have been blessed with. I am excited and very thankful!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It sounds like a wonderful job. How fun and exciting to work with kids in such an easy-going atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun job! Congratulations and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails