Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bear Wakes Up

I woke up early this morning.

Have I told you that I am NOT a MORNING person? My oldest brother, Josh, used to call me "Paddington" because I used to hibernate like a bear during my high school/college days.

I simply love to sleep. Period.

I know that all of you mothers out there will say to enjoy the opportunity to sleep while I can......that is fabulous advice. When the child we have prayed so long for is finally is in our arms, I will happily (and groggily ~ is that a word?) give up all those long hours of slumber. Until then......Zzzzz.

Anyway, so I am up early today! I have the day off of work and hope to get a lot done. So here is my agenda:

* Right now, I am off to work out ~ remember what I'll be posting about tomorrow!

* At 9:00 I'm heading over to church for a Bible study to spend some time with HIM. Bonus: My hubby, the "Vicar" will be there, too. Yay!

* At 11:00 and for the rest of the day, I'll be home tackling The List. If you see me around bloggy land, kindly direct me back to what I should be doing. :-)


What is on YOUR list of things to do??


Oh, and one more thing....

My big brother Jake turns 29 today!!!

Check out the stud in the orange!

If only we still looked THAT good!
Happy Birthday Jake!!


9 comments:

  1. Wow! You're up early and busy! Hope you got a lot accomplished today:)

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very sweet blog! I can't wait to watch your journey unfold.

    My best time is the morning...love it! But am married to a "Paddington" so I understand where you are coming from.

    Yay for crossing stuff off lists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have you ever checked out my friend Rachel's blog @

    http://huntforrachel.blogspot.com/

    She is adopting Korea as well! You guys should hook up!

    Thanks again for checking me out!

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I love sleep too. I never thought I would say this, but now (after 2 kiddos) I really do find it hard to sleep past 9:00-not that I ever get to sleep until then, but on the rare occasion...Now, I ask for sleep for things like my birthday, mother's day etc. For example, I tell dh that all I want for my b-day is for him to do something with the kids that keeps them quiet or out of my bed so I can sleep in;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say hello and that I love reading your blog. We are also adopting from Korea so I've been obsessed with reading other blogs and that's how I came across yours. Can't wait to follow your journey and see that precious child that the Lord has picked out just for you!

    Blessings,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. The more I learn about you, the more I realize we have in common - especially after the comment you left me about movies, music etc - and now, the sleep thing! My ideal hours would be staying up until 1:00 AM and then sleeping until like 10:30. Ha! And naps? I love 'em. But my hubs pops up out of bed at 5:20 every morning...it's beyond me how he does it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jake and Josh's shorts and socks are hilarious. And Jake...with that Waldschmidt stance...such a little Delbie. Ha...good memories, thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my sleep too! I'll sacrifice just about anything for my sleep - even food! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails