Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Child-like Faith ~ In the WORD Wednesday


Jesus said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.
Mark 10:14-16

As adults we often admire the carefree attitude that children have. It is evident as they skip around the playground and sleep so soundly at night. Kids don't over analyze situations or worry. They simply have trust in their loving parents to take care of them and all of the "details".

In the passage above Jesus is telling us to have a child-like faith. It is not our job to worry, have things figured out, or take charge. God, our heavenly Father, has already taken care of everything!

He loves His children. He gave us our Savior. He provides everything we need. He watches out for us. He answers us when we call to him. He showers us with gifts. He picks us up when we fall. Earthly parents make mistakes every day. God NEVER makes mistakes.

I need daily reminders to put my complete trust in the Lord. I sinfully try to handle things myself. I sometimes worry about things that are completely out of my control. Instead of talking to God in prayer, I act like a "teenager" and say nothing to my Father. I'm sure many of you do the same thing.

Why do we make things so hard on ourselves?!?

My hope for today and every day.....that I will grab on to my Father's hand and continually chat with him all day long. Not a worry in the world. I might even skip a little bit. ;-)

I pray that for you as well, friends.

Jesus loves me this I know
for the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak, but He is strong!



3 comments:

  1. You know, I hear that song pretty much every day, thanks to a little girl who likes to sing about her Jesus. But sometimes it's hard to get it from my head to my heart...the fact that He truly loves me and wants nothing but the best for me. So hard to surrender sometimes, but so worth it. You expressed this so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great challenge for us today. i'll keep it in my thoughts as i got throughout today. tulip does this so well...pulls our hand or grabs a finger and takes us to wherever she wants to play at that given moment...just for some 1 on 1 time. :-) we need more 1 on 1 time with God...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails