Sunday, October 12, 2008

Embarrassment or Excitement?? Hmmm....

After I posted yesterday, I stood looking at that scary closet and then shut the door. I decided I could not possibly tackle such a project when I had a hill of laundry to do. So....I did a lot of laundry. Then I rearranged and dusted some shelves. After that I cleaned the bathrooms, checked my e-mail, unloaded the dishwasher, and went for a run outside.

What WAS I doing? I had posted a picture of the closet of dread! I COULD NOT turn back. I HAD to do it or face some heated ridicule and embarrassment.

Just as I was reaching for the first unorganized box to sort through....the phone rang. Oh nuts. It was Josh letting me know that we were invited out to dinner with a couple from the church. With a disappointed sigh, I put the box back. Heh.

After church and Bible class this morning, I knew exactly what I had to do. I started going through bins, boxes, bags, papers, and pictures. I realized...."This isn't so bad! I can do this!"

With a few hours left to spare, I invite you to check out the-new-'n-improved-you-can-actually-find-things-oh-happy-day closet!! Now I can use my scrapbook supplies! I can finally organize all those pictures into albums! Yay!

A BIG thank you to all for being prepared to either ridicule or celebrate with me. ;0)

Its a good day.

4 comments:

  1. Great work! I knew you could do it!

    Wanna come over and help me start on my basement?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had the same sense of relief this weekend also with getting move stuff done. :-) yay!!!!! good job, the closet looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found you through mommy etc and decided to visit. I am all about organization and scrapbooking. I love the storage and organization tools by creative memories. I just got all of it and it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great...even though its so hard to get motivated to take a project like that on, its such a great feeling of accomplishment when its done!

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails