Friday, October 10, 2008

FFF ~ Oh Henry!!


I told you that we had the church teen group over last Sunday.

The mom of one of the boys wanted to send over a dessert, which was oh so very sweet of her. When I asked what she had made, she started to describe a dessert that I knew all too well....


Oats. Peanut Butter. Chocolate.

Hmmm...she wasn't talking about my Grandma Lorraine's "Oh Henry" bars was she?? She was! I had no idea that "Oh Henry" was a well known recipe. I have NEVER had it anywhere but Grandma's house. Huh. Let me tell you....these bars are SO YUM!! It is absolutely impossible to eat just one. You just cut yourself an entire row and ENJOY!

On Sunday I tried this "other Oh Henry bar" and it was really, really good, but....it just wasn't the same. I guess it's true that Grandma's just add in that extra "something special". ;0)


I need to get her recipe.

What are your favorite family recipes?? Please share!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm... oh, those sound really yummy... and look delicious!

    Some of my family favorites are Applesauce Drop Cookies and Apple Crunch. Both of which I am going to make very soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails