Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Who am I?

Its Wednesday again so I'm sharing what I've been reading in the WORD.....

Who are you?


If I was asked this question, I might answer by saying I am:
Rachel :)
a wife
a mom-to-be
a sister, daughter, friend.

The list could go on and on.

After reading Romans chapters 5 & 6 and Ephesians 2 today, I can say without a doubt that I am:
sinful
a sinner who deserves death
worthless

As for you, you were dead in transgressions and sins.
Ephesians 2:1
For the wages of sin is death. Romans 6:23

I am pathetic. I sin each & every minute, hour, day. I can do NOTHING good. Zilch. Nada. I fall short. BIG time. I am sinful, therefore I deserve nothing short of punishment, death and hell.

At the same time, I can say with full confidence that I am:
Alive in Christ
Saved
Freed from sin
A child of God


But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions. Ephesians 2:4
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8

PRAISE GOD for loving us! He could have easily looked the other way, but out of his mercy he gave up his very only Son so that we might be His children.

Through Jesus, God does not see my sin. Instead, He sees me washed clean in the redeeming blood of Christ. In heaven I'll be celebrating with all fellow believers because of the faith that the Holy Spirit has worked in my heart. What a party that will be!

Who am I?

Lord, I am Yours. Thank you.


Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Our Pastor is doing a sermon series on Identity right now, your post fits right in. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful post. it is such a daily battle of waking up and learning that today we are still sinners, saved by grace...and can only do anything that is good and Godly through God! ...not of ourselves. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails