Tuesday, November 11, 2008

First we'll make snow angels for two hours, then we'll go ice skating...

....then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookie-dough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle." Buddy the Elf

Doesn't that sound like the perfect day? :)

Jen asked her blogging pals to share some of our favorite holiday movies. I am a Christmas movie watching fanatic! I've already started watching some of my favs....

Ones that I watch every year:
Miracle on 34th Street (Remake)
The Holiday
Elf
It's a Wonderful Life (Dad's favorite)
While You Were Sleeping (One of my all time favorite movies)
The Preacher's Wife (Remake)
Little Women
Polar Express
Love Actually
Charlie Brown Christmas

A Very Brady Christmas (Is it bad that I think of this movie every time I sing "Oh Come All Ye Faithful"?)

Ones I watch because Josh is watching:
Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
Home Alone

Ones on my haven't seen yet, but need to:

White Christmas
Holiday Inn
The Christmas Shoes

A little video to get you in the holiday mood:


What Christmas movies do you watch each year? Please share......maybe I'm missing out on some good ones!

14 comments:

  1. Sorry I did not make it by to encoueage you on fit friday. I was coming over to do so and read this. I LOVE Christmas. I love White Christmas b/c it is my grandfather's favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another "Love Actually" I'm definatly going to have to watch that movie this year... I haven't seen it yet.

    I loved the video, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to hang out together! You sound like a Christmas fanatic just like me.

    A Christmas Carol is on my list ( the Muppets version), also Grinche. I have never seen Little Women, but am definately adding it to my list.

    What is the movie in your clip where the guy is holding up the "Merry Christmas" sign?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah! Christmas Shoes is REAL tear jerker! Don't watch it on an emotional day!!!

    I've never made a point to watch Christmas movies... I think I've been inspired! I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our family enjoys all 3 of the Santa Clause movies with Tim Allen. Something about all that unexplained weight gain makes me feel better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa ~ The movie with the sign is "Love Actually"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love "Meet Me In St Louis." Though technically not a Christmas movie....the Christmas scenes are the best! Can't beat Judy Garland signing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"

    ReplyDelete
  8. You covered most of my faves. At the top of my list is Love Actually and A Christmas Story. Kind of polar opposites, but both leave me feeling very happy and festive!

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  9. White Christmas is a MUST SEE - definitely one of my all time favs!

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I just like to smile...smiling's my favorite!"
    Love this movie!
    We always watch Christmas vacation, Christmas story, The Little Drummer Boy (really old movie), It's a Wonderful Life, Elf. I am going to have to watch a couple on your list that I haven't seen before...this is such a great idea and I'm glad you posted it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A new one I've added to my list (that is pretty similar to your list) is The Holiday, with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet. I just saw this again a few weeks ago and remembered that it's a feel good Christmas chick flick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh. Is it bad that all my favorites are your hubby's favorites, too? I love silly holiday movies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! I clicked on your blog from Misty's. I wasn't going to comment...but then I saw that you watch A Very Brady Christmas every year!! I absolutely love this movie...I could probably recite most of it. I haven't seen it in so long. Do you have it on VHS?

    Have a great weekend! - Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails