Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gettin' Ready

Waiting.

We all do it every day...

...in line at the Post Office - for our turn in the bathroom in the morning - at a stop light - in the checkout lane - for the work clock to read 5:00 - when you just want to speak with a person, NOT an automated voice - please take a number...

...all the while we are standing still. Most likely impatient. Or annoyed.

6 months ago, Josh and I officially started this incredible adoption journey. After 3 years of trying to grow our family, we are thrilled beyond words to be on this path to our child.

How many more months will it be until we know who our precious baby is?

Instead of thinking of this time as a very long wait, I'm trying to consider it as an opportunity to prepare. Like I mentioned above, no one enjoys waiting. It could be very easy for us to become consumed with the unknown of how long we'll be waiting. But preparing is another story. Whether we are learning more about Korean culture, choosing crib bedding & strollers, or discussing adoption issues....there are many things that Josh and I can do to be more ready for our little one.

Each day is so precious. Would putting our life "on hold" with waiting be the best way to glorify God? As the time draws closer to be with our child, I want to also draw closer to Him!

Now does this preparing mindset mean that there won't be times when I'll want to scream, cry, or pull my hair out??? Umm, I'm sure those days will pop up....but every Mama's got to vent a little right? ;-)

The time line to when we'll be brought together with our baby is uncertain to us. Only the Lord knows the perfect moment.

Until then...we prepare.



16 comments:

  1. You are right. Only HE knows! (Wouldn't it be cool if HE gave us a clue or two though!) Good luck on the wait! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was SO good Rachel! In so many ways. Every one has to deal with waiting in one way or another. It is one of the hardest stages to know what to do with. So many people tend to have the mindset of 'just getting through' rather than preparing. I struggle with that too, so am learning right along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your healthy look at life! Yes, prepare and enjoy every moment of your life as you wait for your child to join your family.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post today! You have more wisdom than I did at that age!! I agree with Wendi that everyone has to deal with waiting in one way or another. How we wait is the question. As I look back on my life, it is very clear that some of the BEST things (not always the easiest) came out of long waits. And ALL brought me closer to God. Praying with you and your husband as you continue on this journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i woke up this morning to a beautiful blanket of snow all over everything. this is one of the many times that it is hard for me to wait for our baby. i want to bundle him up in his snow suit and take him outside and teach him how to make snow angels and snowmen! your post is such a good reminder of being patient and preparing with the "extra" time we are given. i think i need a little extra dose of patience today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific way to look at it...preparing. God is molding you into some fantastic parents to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is so precious. It makes me rejoice to know a little child is going to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a good attitude! You always inspire me to slow down, be more patient and enjoy the moment. Thank you - I really needed a little inspiration about now! :) Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. preparing! awesome. we'll do it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. keep hanging in there!

    praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you enjoy the preparing times....my hubby and I got the room ready, got lots of cute baby girl stuff in pink, read all the books...it was a lot of fun! I have to admit, after a few years of waiting I'm ready...but one thing I know...she will come when the Lords ready...in His perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waiting is hard, but it will all be worth it in the end. You have a great attitude about everything:) Hang in there!

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  13. you have such an awesome attitude & outlook on the whole situation! timing is everything & only HE knows the PERFECT time for the new, sweet addition to arrive!
    awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great post - know wonder you heard the call to adopt, you have the perfect attitude!

    6 months...I'm willing to guess your wait is probably more than halfway over. Keep enjoying every day and preparing to become a Mom.

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  15. you have such a good attitude. i am so thankful that you do b/c it is such a great testimony of God's faithfulness and strength in you! i can't wait to keep tabs on your journey!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails