Wednesday, November 5, 2008

In the WORD Wednesday ~ Lifting my Anxious Heart to Him

I woke again today with a heavy, anxious heart. Because only He can bring peace I turn to Him in Word and prayer....

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. Romans 13:1,2


Merciful Father in heaven, you rule over all things in heaven and on earth by your mighty power. You have established the government to carry out justice here on earth. I confess that I have not always regarded government authorities as your representatives. I have failed to honor them properly because I focused on their weaknesses and failings instead of the honor you have given them. Thank you for teaching me to submit to the governing authorities in everything that is right. Father, grant wisdom to these men and women who serve in the various sectors of government. Make them mindful of what is right and of their accountability to you. Sanctify their reason with faith so that we may enjoy peace and prosperity under their rule. Amen.
www.wels.net


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that one, Rachel. I needed to hear and pray that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think many of us have questions. Maybe this will be a good opportunity for people to finally seek God, since it will be shown, once again, that our hope does not lie in men.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails