Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Life


Today, on election day I have a few thoughts to share ~

It's time for change.

How often have we heard that slogan in the last few months from a certain candidate??

I agree....it IS due time for some change around here. Only, I am not thinking of the same kind of change as he is.

I'm more interested in:
Greed changing to Content.
Selfish changing to Selfless
"Right to Choose" changing to Honoring Every Single Life

On the day that we elect our new President, my prayer is for the issues at the top of our list NOT be issues that deal with the size of our pocketbooks, but rather ones that deal with the HEART.


Our gracious Lord promises to provide for our every need. He surely does in ABUNDANCE! Sadly that is just not enough for so many.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?.......But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
Matthew 6:25,33

There have been nearly 50,000,000 lives taken through abortion since 1973. (That is more lives than the entire population of my future child's homeland of South Korea)

Today my heart feels the heaviness of each LIFE lost.

Today I pray for change. Do you?


2 comments:

  1. My heart has also been drawn to Matthew 6 today. Trying not to worry. Wanting to trust Him.

    I have got my Right to Life Voters List and I am off to the polls here in the next hour.

    Praying with you.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!

    I'll be following you to the polls after I stop off at preschool first. While I'm there I might stop for a moment and say a prayer for all children (born and yet to be) today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails