Saturday, November 15, 2008

What's on my mind and heart today....

November means Thanksgiving is coming soon...a time to give thanks!

November is National Adoption Month....a month of giving thanks for the blessings of adoption!

Obviously adoption is something that is on our minds and hearts each & every day as we wait for our child....and this month is dedicated to raising awareness for each and every child that is in need of safe, permanent, and loving home and family.

Right here in the US, dear children are waiting for homes....



Precious children are waiting around the world, as well...



If you are interested in adoption and have questions, feel free to contact me though e-mail (look for address in sidebar) Also, if you are an adoptive parent that I haven't "met" yet, please leave a comment or send an e-mail so that we can celebrate together! I'd love to hear your story.

To us and to many other adoptive families, our journey of adoption is not something that ends when our child is placed in our arms. It is a lifelong journey of learning, growing, and celebrating.

Josh and I thank you all for your prayers and encouragement as we continue on this incredible road to parenthood.....

Be blessed,
Rachel


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the amazing post and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a beautiful post. I've been thinking this week about what to write on my blog about National Adoption Month and this video says more than anything I could write down so I may just copy you and post this video on my blog as well. :) How can anyone watch that without crying. Isn't it amazing to see how the faces of the children change from their first one to the second. Their eyes are so lit up with joy and love in the 2nd. It's amazing! Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I definitely think we'll be joining you in this journey sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you are definitely in my prayers. I love getting a peek into your life as your journey down this road. God has great things in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful video...my husband and I are still interested and just waiting on the Lord for direction and timing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Post! We are adopting too...I will pray for you on your journey. Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've found your blog through my friend Rachel from college. My husband and I plan on adopting too-probably not for a few more years, but God has just ingrained it in our hearts--and I can't wait! I'm excited for you and your husband!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails