Wednesday, December 17, 2008

In the WORD Wednesday ~ Focus

You may have noticed a new photo button I have to the right in the side bar.....it was made by Rachel@Unexpected Blessings as a reminder to keep our hearts and minds focused on Jesus, who is the true meaning of Christmas.


As I focus on the coming of Jesus into this world at Christmas, I am humbled by God's great love for us sinners.

How often we take for granted that God gave up His very own Son! He sent his dear child to live in this world among us. That little baby grew, lived perfectly, and suffered the death we deserved.

We now can be called His dear children.




How deep the Father’s love for us,
how vast beyond all measure
that He should give His only Son
to make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss.
The Father turns His face away
as wounds which mar the Chosen One
bring many sons to glory.

Behold the Man upon the cross,
my sin upon His shoulders.
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there
until it was accomplished;
His dying breath has brought me life.
I know that it is finished.

I will not boast in anything:
no gifts, no pow’r, no wisdom.
But I will boast in Jesus Christ:
His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart:
His wounds have paid my ransom.

With a love so deep, how can we NOT keep our hearts focused on Him??

Feel free to "grab" Rachel's Believe in the Christ of Christmas button for your own blog.

***********************
I got a few questions about this:

Josh and I received this Nativity as a wedding gift. I absolutely love it! It is so beautiful and unique....I actually keep it in our living room all year round! It is a wood carving with a small music box inserted in the bottom that plays O Holy Night.



Only a week until Christmas!


4 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I have just been loving that song and thinking about it in terms of the Christmas season as well! In fact I have been thinking about posting about it. Great minds... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed that sweet button! I love the little people nativity. I love watching the kiddos play with it. ALthough screaming insues when they fight over the camel!
    This was a very nice post. That song is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for mentioning my button!

    Your nativity is beautiful!

    God's love is so amazing! So greatful for his love this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! We adopted our little girl from Russia 3 years ago and I, too, am a Pastor's wife. We seem to have (or will have) a lot in common.

    Both have brought more blessings than I could have imagined!

    God's best to you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails