Thursday, January 1, 2009

In His Hands

2009, I think I'm going to like you.

This will, God-willing, be the year that I become a mom!

A few moments I am looking forward to during '09 & beyond...


Seeing our Baby's precious face
Finally being Mommy
Josh finally being Daddy
Finally being a family of 3
Holding our Baby in my arms
Seeing my husband hold our Baby
Kissing our Baby's sweet face
Praising God for the Child we prayed for
Bringing our Baby to Church
Introducing our Baby to our Family
Crying happy tears
Playing peek-a-boo
Dressing our Baby in stylin' outfits
Splashin' in the bath
Watching our Baby sleep
Singing lullabies
Feeding bottles
Going Trick or Treating
Hearing giggles
Snuggling
Soothing cries
Snoozing together
Playin' at the park
Watching our Baby grow
Witnessing our Baby's personality unfold
Celebrating Christmas
and Easter
and 4th of July
and Thanksgiving with our Baby
Hearing 1st words
Teaching our Baby about Jesus
Reading books together
Swimming together
Changing hundreds of diapers
Praying with our Baby
Being woken up at 1:00 am
Having "play dates"
Pushing our Baby in a jogging stroller
Waking up again at 3:00 am
Taking pictures of our Baby
Seeing life through our Baby's eyes
Hearing the words I love you, Mom
Thanking God for His tremendous Blessing

...and these are just a few of them. Every single moment cherished.


Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for bringing us into this New Year and for each precious day. As sinners, Josh and I do not deserve anything good, but by your amazing grace, you offer us love, forgiveness, and blessings through your Son, Jesus our Savior.
Please watch over us as we prepare for the child our hearts desire. Please continue to fill us with peace and patience. Please hold our Baby in the palm of your hand, keeping him safe and secure.
We pray that you strengthen our faith in you as we walk with you in this journey.

In Jesus' name, Amen

********************************

Wow! That's going to be a lot of memories that I'm not going to want to forget....
(How about that segue?!)

Have you heard of Project 365?


An explanation: Take one picture every single day.

That's it! The photo can be of anything - people, places, food, fashion, events, etc.

The point is that at the end of the 365 days, you have a visual history of the year.

Cool, huh?!

Sara, Misty, Linda, Candy and others are doing it!


So in order to keep my pictures organized, I started another blog that will be dedicated solely to Project 365.

You can find it by clicking here.

I most likely won't post pictures every day, but for sure the pictures of the week will be up on Sunday, which is when Sara and others will be linking up to show off their Project 365 photos.

Sara even made this handy little button:



For each day of grace I am blessed with, I think it will be pretty special to document it with a picture!

I don't know what is ahead for 2009, but there is one thing I am certain of: The Lord is holding my hand each step of the way. It's all In His Hands!

Bring on the pictures!



7 comments:

  1. I can't wait for all those moments to beome memories for you. Oh, this babe waiting for you is the luckiest baby there is. Waiting for Mama and Daddy to porclaim
    "You are our hearts desire!"
    I am so choked up just typing that, I'm not sure the words could be said for I'd start blubbering!
    Blessings and Love dear Rachel and Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be an amazing Mom. I can't wait to see you with your little one!

    May 2009 bring you the child you already know in your heart and love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to that list! So excited about Project 365. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful list....I can't wait for you to experience them either! And then blog about them so we can all rejoice with you!!!

    I think I will make a separate blog for project 365 too. that is a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2009 is sure to hold great things for you! Can't wait for all of your wishes to come true!

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel - This is going to be an amazing year for you! Becoming a mom is full of special moments you will never forget.

    Looking forward to following along this year!

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this idea!! I think I will try to do this as well. What a wonderful way to try to find a little good in each day as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails