Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ramblings

*I got my haircut yesterday - just a trim to clean up the ends. My usual stylist is out on maternity leave, so I had someone else.....a man. Call me crazy, but I've never had a gentleman cut my hair before. As he was massaging my head in the shampoo chair and applying serum to my freshly cut locks, I was this close to bursting with laughter. He did a great job and was easy to talk to, but it was just kind of....weird. I know, I'm so mature.

*Did I actually fail to tell the following story until now?

I went to see the movie Marley and Me (so good....bring your Kleenex) with my mom and sister over Christmas vacation. As we were sitting down in the crowded theater with our drinks and popcorn, I somehow managed to spill popcorn all over the lady sitting next to me. Not sure how it happened (what am I saying, I'm a klutz!), but I felt just horrible, gasped, and immediately apologized to the woman.

Friends, if looks could kill, I wouldn't be typing this right now. She just started at me with this look of death and made NO move to wipe the popcorn from her lap. So I kept apologizing and then began swiping the kernels from her chair to the floor......being careful not to actually touch her. Still she sat without moving. So I simply turned to my mom in shock and stifled a laugh.

I did feel badly, but it was only a few handfuls of popcorn. I kept thinking how much worse it could've been.....I was holding a large drink after all.

Whoops.

Oh, wait, I forget one of the best parts.....the little girl she was with thought it was hilarious. :-)

*I shed a few tears yesterday with the passing of the torch between our new President and the one we said good-bye to. While I recognize yesterday as being an extremely historic day, I can't help but be disappointed. Both Linda and Missy did a wonderful job of expressing their feelings....I agree with both of them.

I lift up my prayers to the One who has complete control.....and ask Him to help me give our nation's new leader the respect he deserves. I ask Him to bless this amazing country. I ask Him for guidance as I seek opportunities to be a voice for those who do not have one.

*Check out what I hung all by myself the other day.....


Yep, an empty frame. Hopefully it won't stay empty for long!

10 comments:

  1. the words above the picture frame... what does that say?

    funny popcorn story - something like that would happen to me but i think i would have actually laughed at how rude she was being! i know i'm not mature!!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute and funny! I can imagine you stifling laughter at the male stylist as well as the rude lady who would not lift a finger after the popcorn incident. :) Such great bloggy material huh?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can one not laugh at the popcorn, let alone just sit there and let someone else take care of it. She needs to lighten up and enjoy life. Also wondering what does it say above the picture.
    P.S. you can spill popcorn on me anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally impressed with the wall hanging and with the picture. Gorgeous -- can't wait to see a baby picture in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your wall hanging is the best part of this post! Wonderful!!! I can't wait to see your sweet baby's face in the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE having my hair shampooed...oohhhhh. It feels SO good. I have never had a man stylist either...Hmm.
    I don't want to see Marley and Me, My BIL and SIL have 2 labs and lets just say the look and ACT just like I've seen in the previews...I don't need more reason to not like the dogs. I like little dogs. Little dogs with little poo, little barks, little trouble...L.I.T.T.L.E. There is the exception of a Jack Russel though. Little dog BIG trouble.
    K, done with my dog rant.
    How bout that bachlor?
    Hiss. Did you SEE the cat fight between Megan and everyone else? She'll be next to go, her and stalker Shannon. I am SO glad Erika, Or as I've been calling her The Mouth got the boot!
    I'm really liking Melissa, and Jillian. Time will tell. And did you see how Natalie went out...YIKES. She really WAS ticked when they took the diamonds, I thought she was going to bite the guys hand off! :)
    I DVR it and watch it Tues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you know you have to show the haircut every time you get your haircut here in bloggyland? Where's the pic?

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so funny! why do people get so bent out of shape over such little things?

    Okay, here you go.....how about the letter "M"

    have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails