Thursday, March 12, 2009

Life is like a box of chocolates

The wonderful Lois Lane II recently had a movie quote challenge on her blog.

I LOVE movies, so I thought I'd have a little challenge of my own.

Can you name that movie?!

1. There's no crying in baseball!

2. I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, that has always been enough.

3. Uh oh, fifteen minutes to Judge Wapner.

4. You are everything I never knew I always wanted.

5. I am not going to bury my son! My son is going to bury me!

6. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.

7. Promise you won't kidnap me and my bruder and plant stuff in our brains?

8. If I can change, and you can change, everybody can change. (that's for Josh & all the guys)

9. Almira Gulch. Just because you own half the county doesn't mean that you have the power to run the rest of us. For twenty-three years I've been dying to tell you what I thought of you! And now.....well, being a Christian woman, I can't say it!

10. Don't cry, Shopgirl. Don't cry.


Easy, peasy, right?!

Go ahead and guess away! I'll be back in a couple of days to reveal the answers.

Oh, and don't cheat by peeking at other's comments or by Googling!!!! As much as I heart Google, don't cheat! ;-)


P.S.
Today is the FINAL day of BABY O's BIG Prize Package Drawing!!!!!! You have until 11:59 PM (EST) tonight to ChipIn and be entered to win one of FOUR amazing prize packages! Every single donation is a blessing to us - thank you! I absolutely cannot wait to find out who the winners are tomorrow!!!!!!!!

P.P.S. Have you heard of the publication called Serious.Life.Magazine? Their March issue just came out this week and I am in their Featured Blog Directory! It’s a very high quality magazine that I'm sure you'll enjoy!

The magazine includes a ton of content from fantastic bloggers, as well as great features, photos, and articles (family, adoption, finance, spiritual life, etc). The magazine is owned and published by a family who has seven kids (3 of whom are adopted) including sweet Abby, who has Leukemia (www.riggsfamilyblog.com). This family is extremely generous and is able to help so many others through this magazine.

The subscription is FREE! Please take a minute to check it out and sign up to get future issues. www.seriouslifemagazine.com

17 comments:

  1. OOOHHH! I love movies and quizzes, so this is perfect :)

    1. A League of Their Own

    2. The Notebook (I get teary-eyed just reading that!)

    3. Rain Man

    4. Fools Rush In (an often overlooked, but excellent romantic comedy)

    5. Hmmm, that one I do not know. Probably b/c I cannot watch sad movies and that sounds sad.

    6. Not sure...Shakespeare in Love?

    7. ooohhh, I can picture it, but can't remember the name....Nicholas Cage is in it and its a Christmas movie...

    8. That's one of the Rocky movies

    9. Wizard of Oz

    10. You've Got Mail

    What a fun game! Can't wait to see the answers to the ones I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't cry, Shopgirl. Don't cry.

    Umm only my favorite movie ever! You've Got Mail :) I just love that one...makes me cry every time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, toughies. I only know a few of them, I'm afraid!

    1. A League of Their Own
    3. Rainman
    4. Fools Rush In
    9. Wizard of Oz
    10. You've got Mail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being featured in the mag!
    I knew the first one right away and I can hear Tom Hanks' voice in my head hollering it! A League of Their Own, I never get tired of seeing this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost forgot, thanks for visiting my blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so it's 1:00 a.m. and my brain is NOT working right now, but #4 jumped out at me right away, because that is my favorite movie. Fools Rush in! Love it, love it, love it. That is just the best line!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so bad at trivia and especially movies!!!! I have no idea on any of them...of course as I "cheated" and read other comments, I thought "oh yea!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post...not sure about some of them but some I know b/c they are on my fav movie list!

    1. A League of Their Own
    3. Rain Man
    4. Fools Rush In
    6. Pride & Prejudice
    9. Wizard of Oz
    10. You've Got Mail

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I would be good at this, but NO! Oh, well!

    So cute about you & the magazine! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun post! I really can only think of the first 2.

    1. A League of Their Own
    2. The Notebook- I probably know every quote from that movie because I watch it so often!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool on being in the magazine!!
    I wish I knew #5 or #7, those seem to be the tough ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm TERRIBLE at this game and the only one i have a (smart alleck) answer for is #6....."the bachelor"? bwhahah!

    wow, BIG congrats on the magazine spotlight. i've never heard of it and am thrilled to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. League of Their Own

    7. Family Man (one of my all-time FAVES!)

    9. Wizard of Oz

    That's all I have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. A League of Their Own
    2. The Notebook
    3. Rain Man
    4.

    I thought I was doing so well, I knew the first few & then I didn't know the rest... but I won't cheat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. A League of their own
    2. The Notebook
    3. Rain Man, D-d-definitely Rain Man
    4. ???
    5. Pride and Predjudice (AMAZING QUOTE>>>>)
    6. ???
    7. Family Man
    8. ???
    9.????
    10. is from my favorite movie evah! You've Got Mail!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gen WaldschmidtFriday, March 13, 2009

    OK Rach, I'm going to try but I definitely don't know all of them!
    1. A league of their own

    2.The Notebook- love this movie, watch it everytime its on, and ALWAYS cry- (don't tell but your brother likes it too... though he will deny it!)

    3. Rain Man

    4. Fools Rush In

    5. I think John Q

    6.7.8. Don't Know

    9. could be the Wizard of Oz- I should ask Isabella

    10. You've got Mail.

    Fun game- you're so good at this, very creative!

    Love,
    Gen

    P.S. How are you guys? Josh and I were talking about how we have to come and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darn it! I hate being last to gues, then I end up cheating...
    I knew League of their own, Should HAVe known Notebook...it was familiar but I couldn't place it till I saw the answer then was like OH YEH!
    Knew Rain Man.
    Fools rush in I've seen but only once.
    I don't know #5
    #6 Yep, Shakespere in Love
    #7Family Man...only cause your first commentor couldn't come up with the movie title and gave a discription. a Good on.
    #8 no idea
    #9 Wizard of Oz I SO knew that!
    #10 it would have taken me awhile...You've Got Mail.
    You really like Tom Hanks...two movies made you list AND you menetion one in your title!
    Can I get credit for THAT!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails