Wednesday, March 25, 2009

RED

Do you know about Red Envelope Day??

I found out about it through various websites and e-mails and wanted to share.

We all know where the new President stands on abortion. This week many folks are sending him a message (literally!) in RED......

Here are the details:

Get a RED envelope.
(I dug into our Christmas card selection and took one from there)

On the front address it to:

The White House
President Barak Obama

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20500


On the back of the envelope write this messag
e (or something similar):

This envelope represents one child that died because of an abortion. It is empty because the life that was taken is now unable to be a part of this world. Responsibility begins with conception.

No need to put anything inside the envelope! Just seal it, stamp it, and send it off.....on/around March 31st!

Please join me, and the thousands of others, by sending a quiet, yet powerful statement by filling the President's mailbox with these RED letters!

It's no coincidence that they will be arriving around Holy Week. The Savior shed his blood for every single life, including the souls of the millions of aborted babies.

If you have further questions, you can go here to find out more about the project.

**********************

One more thing....If you aren't already, please be on your knees today in prayer for MckMama's sweet infant son, Stellan. He has been in the hospital the last few days in very serious condition. His heart is experiencing Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) - an abnormal rapid rhythm of the heart.

Please pray for the Great Physician's hand to be upon Stellan and that He will bring healing if it is according to His will. Peace be with precious Stellan and his family.




10 comments:

  1. I get so discouraged about the current administration. I think this is a great idea, and I appreciate you sharing with us. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is wonderful! I will jump on board as well. I'd love to see his face when all the Red envelopes show up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted about this a few weeks ago on my blog. I'm so glad that it's going around again. I'll definitely be sending another envelope.
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I have heard about this, and I'm so glad you posted this reminder...I'm going to go dig out my old red Christmas envelopes.

    I've been praying all day for sweet Stellan...Jesus, touch him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! i haven't heard of this but if we all do it its got to make a BIG statment to the big man in the white house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited that you posted this on your blog! Thank you for passing this on. Some may believe this won't work but I loved how the site you listed the writer says they believe it will make a difference because they are doing it out of obedience to Christ. When God is in it the impact can be huge, therefore I think it is so important that every envelope we send out, we send a prayer with it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. another idea to make this more fun and include more ladies...a girlfriend had a red envelope morning at her house we wrote and addressed while we chatted and then prayed together over the envelopes and their message. i did 20 without even realizing! fun and doing what is right to protect life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've gotten some e-mails about Red Envelope Day, and I am planning on doing it. Maybe he'll figure out that us pro-lifers really believe what we say!

    I'm praying for Stellan and his family. I know that Jesus is very near to them right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sent mine this week. SO glad you are sharing baqout it on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails