Thursday, March 26, 2009

She didn't have to ask me twice

Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee is getting over 40 ladies movin'!

Her challenge is simple:
Exercise for 30 minutes 5 times per week for 2 weeks.


Hence the 30 x 5.

Completely doable. No MILE high goals to keep up with. Just move.

Linda invited us to join in with her......

She didn't have to ask me twice!

I already have a pretty regular exercise routine, but can always use a little encouragement! Plus, my friends, it's no secret that the season of shorts and sleeveless shirts and swimsuits GASP! is creeping up on us. My workout can stand to take it up a notch.....or two.

So I'll be movin' a little more for the next two weeks.....and beyond.

The more the merrier! If you feel like you want to move with us, go for it!

One question before I head out. What are your favorite workout songs? I'm always lookin' for new ones to add to my playlist to keep me goin' on my runs. Which ones keep you movin'??


9 comments:

  1. I must say that being an oldie, I like the oldies, which for me means 70s pop rock. And some 80s. Probably the most highly energizing song, in my opinion, is "Walking on Sunshine" with Katrina and the Waves. You motivate me, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need something loud for me...Robert Randolph and the Family Band...Flyleaf...Paramore...some U2 sometimes...Christina Aguleria (gasp!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so in!! I was just saying I gotta shape it up. Today I'm getting some healthy Korean food for lunch...Yum!
    As for songs...I take an exercise class twice a week and "Tell It To My Heart" by Taylor Dayne is the warm up. The teacher has been using that same song for 15 years...so you know it WORKS!

    p.s. Of courseI love your cute dream! You know once you're back in WI though, we will be celebrating with our tykes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. recently I've taken to Single Ladies by Beyonce I know I'm laqte getting on this bus but I'm not really into "current" music but for some reason this one stuck in my head and I had to download it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh! Fun idea! I've always loved the song "beautiful in this skin" by Jessica Simpson...it's just nice to know that your body dosen't have to be perfect for you to be beautiful. I am trying to get healthier to be around a long time for my kids though...lots of yucky health issues that need to GO AWAY!! LOVE your blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll probably laugh, but I love "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch! It's on one of my playlists right now. Always gets me moving just a little faster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to commit to this, but I KNOW I would fail. I am having the hardest time exercising lately, even with the nice weather.

    I hate to work out, but I love work out music. My favorites are: tobyMac, Israel and the New Breed, and Kirk Franklin. I never listen to them except when I work out and they keep me moving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrew put Ready to Run by The Dixie Chicks on my workout play list - I thought it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad Linda is doing this - I'm jumping in too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails