Monday, March 30, 2009

Ten

Today marks 10 months since we started on our adoption journey.

The first 8 or so of those months flew by. So quickly, in fact, that the path seemed a lot like this....



Smooth ride.
Open road. Miles passed quickly.

The wait was easy.

Life is a Highway no more, folks.

The last few months have felt a bit more like Follow the Yellow Brick Road.


As we've gotten closer to our referral, the wait has gotten harder.

Bumpy ride. Slow going. Walking pace.

We're a bit tired, but we aren't going to complain. We ARE getting closer to our little one. The feelings of thankfulness truly outweigh the difficulty of waiting.

We just keep trusting and following the One who has both paved the open road and laid the path brick by brick.

"Those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles;

they will run and not grow weary,

they will walk and not be faint."

Isaiah 40:31

*************

Our precious babe is not the only little one on my mind lately. Sweet Stellan has had some extremely rough days in the hospital as his heart remains in SVT. Please continue to pray for him and offer words of encouragement to his wonderful Mama.


*Photos courtesy of Yahoo! images


17 comments:

  1. So true, Waiting Buddy. We're not complaining, just tapping into our strength with God's help to await the arrival of OUR little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, the wait is so long. I just came across you blog and noticed that you were adopting. Congrats! I must say that you are choosing a beautiful way to add to your family... but i may be a little biased. :)\

    I wish you the best on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like you said...you ARE getting closer, even when it doesn't feel like it. Praying the time slips by so. much. faster! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get your referral soon! Waiting to see your sweet baby's face is so hard sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every day you are one step closer to your child. I'm sure that your child feels your love and knows that something great is about to happen.

    May your child be known to you very, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're right behind you all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I hope the wait ends soon for your guys.

    Praying for little Stellan too..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the ups and downs and the roller coaster of emotions that come with the wait....

    I wish I could say it gets easier with referral... now that I have seen the faces of my boys I want them home...

    It will come.. all in His time...

    Thinking of you -

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are just the sweetest. Hang in there, Mama. It will be such a beautiful thing, you won't even remember the wait.

    Praying for Stellan with you.

    Peace,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. One day soon that brick road is going to take you straight to Baby O...keep following the path meant for you, one day soon you will hold your baby in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is almost over. You are going to see your baby's face very soon. You have been so strong through all of this and now you are in the home stretch. Every time I check my email, I say a little silent prayer that there will be a referral announcement. I know one of these days my little prayer will be answered! Hang in there, Rachel. It WILL happen. SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the description of your journey sounds a lot like my own life lately!! way to make it to a milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hang in there! You are not alone in waiting for your child.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isaiah 40:31 has gotten me through so much in my life - hold on to that, girl. You know you are surrounded by much love and prayers - and we are praying that it will be SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Rachel - the waiting seasons of life are so difficult. You have been so positive and I'm sure you have those days where you don't feel so cheery.

    Hang in there friend. And I'm here if you ever need to vent on one of those not so positive days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel you girl. The last few months are a little bumpy for me also. It will be here before we know it. I will be praying for baby Stellan. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails