Friday, May 1, 2009

I'm a mom

I've been waiting to say those precious words for a very long time.

It was exactly a week ago that Josh and I saw our son's face for the first time. We haven't stopped gazing at his photos since then. Every.single.detail is noticed and taken to heart.

I'm a mom.

The way his little hand is wrapped around the finger of his foster mother.

The curl of his adorable little pinkie toe.

Josiah 2

How his dark almond eyes look right into the camera.

His kissable cheeks and perfect little lips.

Josiah Ye Joon

The wisps of his dark brown hair.

How his right ear is pushed forward slightly by the hood of his sweatshirt.

No detail goes unnoticed.

Our baby boy, in his referral paperwork, is described as cute, alert, good looking (ha!), fair skinned, and gentle. He giggles and squeals when in a good mood.

These photos and paperwork tidbits serve as the lifeline to our baby who is thousands of miles away.

I'm a mom.

One second I am giggling with joy and the next second I am bursting into tears with love for our precious Josiah Ye Joon.

Josh and I have been praying for nearly 4 years for this child. We would've waited 40 more years to have this feeling. We give thanks to One who blessed us when His time was perfect.

I'm a mom.

Yesterday marked 11 months since we began our adoption process. The empty frame that has hung on our wall now has a photo.....

Photo in the frame

I'm a mom.

A mom who finally knows who her little one is. A mom who finally sees what her baby boy looks like. A mom who is married to the most incredible dad in the entire world. A mom who longs to cuddle her sweet boy. A mom who is humbled and thankful and blessed.

I'm a mom.


We give thanks to the Lord who has known ALL along that Josiah Ye Joon would be our son.

----------------------------------

A HUGE thank you to everyone who has left comments, sent e-mails, or called us to offer their words of congrats! We are absolutely humbled and overjoyed by the outpouring of love you all have shown us! What a blessing each of you are to us!

Now that our referral acceptance paperwork is DONE and sent in (can I get a Wahoo!?!), I am now back to my bloggy self. I've missed all of you SO much!

If you have any questions, go ahead and ask away! I've been working on another Adoption Q & A post because a ton of new ????s have been pouring in. (And I still have some that were left unanswered from the last time.)

----------------------------------

Happy 51st Birthday to my incredible dad.......Josiah's Papa Dean!!!!!!!!!

Grandma and Papa

Being a grandpa of a grandson looks good on you. ;-)

We love you SOOO much!!!




37 comments:

  1. Being a mom is an incredible feeling. Congratulations. You waited a long time, and I know you'll never take it for granted. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see a post from you!

    I've been thinking about you guys alot and smiling as I imagine the amazing emotions you must be going through.

    He is absolutely adorable!! I love that the empty frame is filled...

    You are a wondeful mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know and feel all your feelings dear. I can't explain to you how excited I am for you!!!! I pray you stay busy and the time goes by fast. Love to you both!!!
    Hey-
    My dad's birthday is tomorrow.
    Happy Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray!! You ARE a wonderful mom ... and the best part is ... I know Josiah can feel your LOVE across the miles that separate you ... those miles that won't be miles for long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's gorgeous! SO HAPPY FOR YA'LL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to motherhood Rach, you're gonna love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for you. And he is P.R.E.C.I.O.U.S. I know you can't wait to squeeze him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully said. I have HUGEEEE tears!!! Very, very happy for you and your hubby! Can't wait to watch and read about your family from this time forward. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please tell us the whole story from the first phone call, where you at home, at the mall. How did you tell your husband, family, etc..... Please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in tears. I was last week when I read your news....and it is happening again. I'm just so excited for you!! That last picture had me BAWLING!!!

    So, when do you get him?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl you got me in tears over here. Congratulations again. He is so cute every single detail about him. :) Can you tell me where you got your Korean saying on your wall and what does it mean? I want to order something like that for our wall. I love that you had an empty frame and now he fills. I want to do that also. Many blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once again a wonderful post. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful thing to be a mother, and what beautiful words--"I'm a mom." Great post. The blessings are just beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wahoooooo!!! Oh Rachel I am so over the moon excited for you!!!

    Congrats MOMMY!!!!

    I pray that he is in your arms very, very, very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is gorgeous! So happy this little boy will have someone love him so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Being a Mom is the greatest! I hope that you enjoy every moment of your new job.

    Happy Birthday Papa Dean! Your grandson is coming home soon.

    I'm so happy for you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rachel...I am SO excited for you and I can just SEE the love all over your post :) Josiah is one lucky little boy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woohoo Congrats to you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats Rachel!! He is precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This made me tear up. I am so excited for you guys and I know that you are going to be such an amazing mommmy! I cannot wait until he is in your arms and you can kiss those precious little cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love reading this! So exciting! I wonder if our boys will all come home at the same time? Enjoy the wonder of it all.... I know I am!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay, WooHoo:) He is so precious. Happy Birthday to your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful post! You ARE a mom!!! Yeah!!! I do have one question - I want to know all about your referral call!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ...And one brilliant, ultra fun, light hearted, hip-hopping, sweet as pie kind of MAMA! WOOHOO! SO happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Praise God! Your prayers have finally been answered! We rejoice with you! You two will be awesome parents. God's peace and blessings as you continue to work out the details :)
    Gina, Paul and the gang

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow what a tear jerker post Rach. I just love the picture of your now filled frame and the picture of your parents with Josiah's picture. They look soooo happy and excited. It is so awesome that Josiah will soon be with his family that obviously loves him a ton. God's Blessings on the next steps you have to take.

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh he's precious...and so are you! congrats again! has is sunk in yet?

    ReplyDelete
  28. AHHHH!! (Screaming with excitement.)
    When when when are you going to get him? How soon or long do you have to wait to bring him home?
    I can NOT wait to see the pictures of his Mom holding him in her arms!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. i am so happy to finally see that picture frame full of love with a beautiful baby boy!

    happy early Mother's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. He is a cutie! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Mother's Day a few days early! Rach, you are so blessed & I am soooo very happy for your blessing in Josiah. He truly is beautiful & what a blessing he will be to you & what a blessing you will be to him. Keep us posted!!!! Can't awit to find out the details of when you'll have little Josiah in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  32. what a precious, precious gift!

    i know that you have to be just itching to get your hands on him!

    he is beautiful. and terribly good looking!

    ReplyDelete
  33. one thing i know for sure is how very much you're going to love rocking him, singing to him, and everything else in between. i know this 'cause "i'm a mom." congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh I am so so so so so so happy for you!!!!!!!!

    He is adorable. Blessings to you! YOU are a MOM! (and just in time for Mother's Day too)...tell the hubby...a gift would be appropriate;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Praise the Lord.
    He is perfect.
    I too have a Josiah, but a Josiah Ya Nan! (from China)
    Happy (early)Mother's Day.
    Next Mother's Day you will not believe it has been a year already....it will feel like Josiah has always been with you.
    Many blessings,
    Holly from Purpose Driven Family

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails