Tuesday, May 26, 2009

to make you feel my love


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com



Josiah YeJoon,

Just over a month ago, your daddy and I found out that you are the precious son we have been waiting for. You have already brought us SO much joy and you aren't even with us yet! Thousands of miles separate us and my aching arms long to hold and cuddle you.

I could offer you a warm embrace

to make you feel my love


I pray every day for the Lord's almighty hand to be upon you. That you are able to feel my love and your daddy' love. I would give anything to be with you right now.....to watch you grow, to talk to you, to comfort you when you are sad or scared, to rock you and kiss you goodnight. I am so thankful to your foster mother who, I pray, is doing those things every day until we bring we home.

When the evening shadows and the stars appear
and there is no one there to dry your tears

I could hold you for a million years

to make you feel my love


When we saw your adorable face for the first time - in that very moment - we knew without a doubt that you were our little boy, that you belonged in our family. God's plan has been unfolding for a very long time.....and finally we have the privilege of saying "This is our son!".

I've known it from the moment that we met

there's no doubt in my mind where you belong


Sweet boy, you have already been through so much in your short little life this far. You are SO strong and we are very proud of you. BIG changes are still coming for you as you will soon leave the country of your birth and the only family you have ever known, but Peanut, you will be coming home. We pray that you will quickly come to know and love your daddy & I as your forever family.

the winds of change are blowing wild and free

Each day that passes brings us another step closer to the day that we will fly across the world to meet you and bring you home to us. I wish it was today, but know the day will come in God's perfect time.

No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do

go to the ends of the earth for you

to make you feel my love

Most of all, Josiah, your dad and I pray that you feel the love of your gracious Heavenly Father. He LOVES you even more that we do!

Do you know how much I love you? Until the day I can whisper those words in your precious little ear, may the Lord of all.....

Make you feel my love

Love,
Mommy

17 comments:

  1. Rach,

    That was beautiful. I remember saying and feeling so many of those feelings. I am saying a little prayer that your baby's heart is prepared for the journey of a lifetime... a journey home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is simply beautiful, rach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel - you truly have the heart of a mother! These sentiments are so sweet and will be a wonderful thing to look back on in years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect. beautiful. brilliant. tender. loving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait for you to hold that baby and whisper those words in his ear.

    Until then... I know the Lord is whispering it for you...

    Such a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Rachel,

    YOU are an amazing mother. And that boy is SO BLESSED to have you. That was just so perfect. So moving.

    Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my all-time favorite songs. Words so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know everybody already said it, but I can't think of another word more fitting...this was beautiful!

    Praying the days go quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so beautiful!

    i hope you print that out & give it to him - he needs to read that when he gets older.

    he is one very lucky little boy to have you as his mom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so beautiful!!
    I am so moved by your adoption journey!
    I know this is God's heart beat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is so very beautiful. When do you travel? I love the blue blanket photo too...he does look like he is doing the chicken dance...he will be fun at weddings!!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so love this song, and every line is perfect for what you are expressing to your son. Your SON! Isn't that the most beautiful phrase in the world right now???

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh tears in my eyes, so beautiful! a big congratulations to you and hubby, i can't wait for you guys to be able to bring him home, he is adorable and so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. Josiah is one very very blessed child.

    ReplyDelete
  16. soon...very soon, josiah will hear his mama whispering in his ear! loved this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails