Monday, November 23, 2009

A Toljabee Guessing Game

**Contest now closed! Congrats Tonggu Momma!!!**

We had Josiah's 1st birthday party this weekend! It was an amazing day!


One of the activities we did at the party was the Toljabee ceremony. In this traditional Korean birthday event, the child is placed in front of a number of items and the ones he grabs are the most important and may predict the child's future. Fun stuff!

Here's a picture of the items we used:

Josiah's tol 7

football =athletic
Bible book=become a pastor like Daddy
money=wealthy
paint brush=artistic
tape measure=become a carpenter like Daddy

Feel free to make a guess at which two items Josiah grabbed! Just leave a comment with your 2 selections and the person with the first correct answer will win a little prize! I'll turn on the comment moderation to make it fair for all.

I'll announce the winner in Josiah's birthday bash post tomorrow! Happy guessing!

P.S. If you were at the party, you can't play! Your prize was spending the day with us on Saturday! ;-)



36 comments:

  1. I'm going to guess the Bible book and football. :)
    What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Football and Bible book

    Happy birthday, Josiah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to say that Josiah grabbed the football and the paint brush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking he may be a football star someday!!!

    Glad you had a fun Tol celebration for your little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun game. I am going to guess that he picked up the paint brush because it would be easy for little hands to pick up and the tape measurer. I can't wait to see what he picked.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, fun! I guess the paint brush and tape measure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will guess the tape measure and paint brush.
    Happy First Birthday Josiah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking the bible or the football. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel - I am so glad you had a fun day with Josiah and your family.
    I will say Josiah picked up the devotional book and paint brush.
    Can't wait to see tomorrows pics.
    Enjoy your first Thanksgiving together too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun!
    My guess is the football and Bible....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess the bible book and the paint brush!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the football and the tape measure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awwww! so fun! can't wait to see the photos :)
    hmmm, football and paintbrush?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Red Bible and the football!!!

    No matter what little Josiah chose, he will be a VERY special young man :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The football and the booklet........ he's gonna be a football playing pastor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The book of christ and the tape measure

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm guessing the football and then the bible...

    ReplyDelete
  18. i think the football and the paintbrush? sounds like a fun party. What a handsome little one

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah, the grabbing game! I'm guessing the paper (money) because it crinkles and rips... and maybe the tape measure because it's colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm going to guess the football and the Bible book!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm going to guess the Bible and the football. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oops I forgot to put my second guess! I also guess the tape measure! :) The tape measure and the football.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I will guess... The paint brush and money.

    Btw, Josiah is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wasn't at the party...can I guess? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would have to guess the football and bible.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ummm....I'm guessing the Bible book and football. (He looks a little like a linebacker!!) :)
    I'm sure that no matter what he picked, this little fellow has a wonderful future ahead of him! :) Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails