Tuesday, December 22, 2009

'Twas the Monday before Christmas

'Twas the Monday before Christmas
when all through the night
not a person in our home was sleeping
'cause someone was putting up a fight.


Perhaps Spencer or Olive
rubbed off on this lad
'cause a Great Sleep War then started
which made his tired mama quite sad.


No nuk or Blue Blanky Bear
worked to bring any sleep
and when the babe did doze off
he'd wake causing his mama to weep.


"What on earth is the matter?" ran through her head
as she struggled to figure out the baby's distress
there was one thing she was sure of -
certainly come morning they'd both be a mess.


Before the sun even rose
the boy surprisingly woke with a smile
while his mama, not quite so cheerful,
cuddled him close for a while.


"Thank goodness for naptime"
thought the mama today
and as for The Great Sleep War
please please stay away!


Dear friends, you are gracious
to put with with this tale
a poet I am not
I love that you didn't bail!

17 comments:

  1. I. LOVE. IT.
    (The poem... not the sleep war!)

    And my dear, that is one fabulous poem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great!!!!! again - not the sleep war, but the poem :).

    it sounds like O and S have been making some phone calls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stinkin' clever. I'm sad that O has a reputation for bad sleep. And that it's spreading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so great! not the lack of sleep but the poem!

    could he be teething?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A poet you are! That was great (especially on such little sleep)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are you talking about?? This is GREAT poetry...but I'm sorry you had some "inspiration" from your son to write it. Hope it doesn't last.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, you are very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous poem! I'm amazed at your creative abilities when *someone* won't sleep! Seriously, though...I hope he sleeps long and hard tonight!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeek! I hope it gets better soon for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You could of fooled me, it's a great poem. Very creative :) I'm glad he woke up with a smile on his face! He's one lucky boy to have you as his mother!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Poem - Will I see you this week at all???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Poem - Will I see you this week at all???

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute poem! We had the same problem last night in our house! I hope tonight is much better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! I laughed out loud at this! (The poem, not the sleep war! So sorry to hear about that!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at you ... you're a poet too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails