Saturday, January 2, 2010

before they are packed away

It's the first weekend in January which means many of us will be taking down our Christmas decorations soon. Or maybe you already have.

There's simply nothing like a home decked out for Christmas, in my opinion. We have many special things that I bring out during this time of year. I wanted to share a peek at them with you before they come down in the next few days. Come on in....


Berry Wreath

hanging ornaments

These ornaments hanging over our kitchen windows were the 1st decorations I put up this year. Every single day Josiah sits in his highchair and points to them over and over!

Here's some more of the kitchen...

Be Merry

on kitchen cart

kitchen santa

kitchen tree

This cute little funky tree just makes me smile!

To me, it just seems wrong to leave even one knob without a hanger...

Santa bag

merry christmas hanger

Better watch out santa

Sparkly Santas 1

We have six of these lovely Santas sitting on the living room shelves. They're so sparkly and unique.

Sparkly Santas 2

Hanbok ornaments

Last year I ordered the sweet hanbok ornaments shown above from another adoptive mama! Aren't they just perfect?

Noel Nativity

I cherish both of our beautiful nativity sets! Josiah has 2 of his own that he loved playing with this year.

Willow Tree Nativity

She brought forth a son

The tree is filled with so many special ornaments. There's no way I could show all of them off!

angel ornament

tree angel

And a few more Christmas details throughout the house...

red pillow

Santa and reindeer

garland on stairs

ornaments on table

Golden Santa

The month of December is spent surrounded by festive decor, twinkling lights, and the sounds of Christmas music....all things that give me those wonderful warm fuzzy feelings.

It's always a little sad for me to pack them away each year....this year in particular since this was our last Christmas in this house. Next year we will, God willing, be in a new home where Josh will be serving as the pastor to a congregation. It's very strange to pack up the decorations that have fancied up this home for the last 5 years and know they won't be put back up here ever again.

*Sigh*

While we have no idea where these 3 stockings will be hanging next Christmas...

three stockings

...we do know that the Lord's plan for us is already in place and it's perfect. We look forward with excitement to finding out exactly what it is!!

So this weekend I'll take down the decorations, but there is one part of Christmas that certainly won't be packed away....

The angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord."
(Luke 2:10,11)

I pray that Good News brings you peace and joy all year long.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful decorations - and I love the little Korean children ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful decorations! I just put my stuff away today too. Where did you get those Korean ornaments?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved looking at all your decoration! just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is beautiful. I love your stockings. Where did you get the Korean ornaments? I love those, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing - It will also be fun next year to figure out where to put everything in your new home too !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous decorations!! I would also love to know where you got the Korean ornaments... I was looking for ornaments in Seoul but couldn't find any!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - you make my decor look positively pathetic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so nice. I love the ornaments!
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Umm. yeah, I would like to know how to get my hands on those Korean ornaments too!! BTW: I love all the other decorations too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you could be a professional decorator - seriously! so many beautiful things placed so thoughtfully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the decorations. You put my to shame :) It's cute that Josiah notices the kitchen ones everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Peace and Joy to you too!
    You home looks wonderfly festive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your decorations are beautiful! Doesn't the house look so empty when it's all put away??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails