Thursday, January 14, 2010

Let's talk babies, shall we?

Perhaps it's because a number of lovely friends have recently announced that they are expecting again....through adoption or pregnancy. Y'all know who you are. ;-)

Or perhaps it's because we are head over heels in love with a certain baby boy who has shown us just how incredible parenthood truly is.

Then again, maybe it's because we learned something this week that could put us on a 2nd journey to parenthood a bit sooner than we thought.


Or, heck, it's all those combined and more...

This mama has the baby itch. Big time.

So bad, it makes me want to run down to the government building and get fingerprinted or fill out countless forms.

'Cause the magic that can happen after doing those somewhat mundane things is this kind of wonderful...


Si giggling

Yep, I'm itchin' to make Si a big brother. And actually Josh is just as itchy. We are not 100% sure exactly how or when that will happen, but it is something that we've started talking a lot about and praying for. While the ache to have a child is gone since it's been replaced with the joy of having Si as our son, the desire to grow our family is still very much alive.

Our journey to Josiah was 4+ years long, but it came in the good Lord's perfect timing. For this (potential) next "leg" of the journey, we will once again place it all in God's hands and follow His lead....whether He chooses to bless us with another child or if He sees fit for us to be the parents of one precious babe. As we wait for the plan to unfold, we will enjoy every.single.moment with Josiah.


So that's that for now. Nothing to start jumping up and down about yet, but it's definitely something. And it's itchy. The good kind. :-)

I guess you'll just have to stay tuned!

Now excuse me while I go bury my nose in my baby boy's neck and cover him with kisses....






31 comments:

  1. I hear you about the ache vs. desire! can't wait to hear what happens with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to see what the Lord has for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be wonderful to see what little blessing God has for your family next!
    Obviously you don't need my suggestion or recommendation, but I have heard great things about adopting from Ethiopia have a cousin & SIL who just completed adoption there and it was a far shorter process{what do I know...seriously, I don't know when they started talking abt it vs. when the child came home}.
    Will be praying and excited to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wheeeee!!! jump on board, lady. i know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! I know what you mean about wanting to grow your family. Can't wait to see what the future holds for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy - if only you knew the conclusions I was jumping too in my head...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, you've got my curiosity up about the new opportunity! Excited for you and can't wait to see what the Lord has planned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. exciting stuff my friend!! I will most definitely stay tuned! I would anyway though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad to know I am not the only one who has the "itch" again so soon!!!!! :)

    I can't wait to see where the Lord takes you...and when! So super curious now about what you learned this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Itch away my friend itch away! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so curious, too...and excited to see what's in store for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with Christine, TOTALLY jumping to conclusions in this brain of mine!! I'm thinking either you're pregnant or maybe you've received a sibling call?????

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to see what God has in store next for your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just to shoot down a few "conclusions" right off the bat....NOT pregnant and NO sibling call. ;-)

    See, told you it wasn't THAT big. Just good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The itch is a very good thing! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Personally I can completely relate to that little itch! Hope we can both scratch it soon!

    SAM says HI to SI! We look at all your pictures often!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eek! That is very exciting!!! Will be following along for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is the good kinda itch :)
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds very exciting!! Good things in store, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd be willing to bet you have that itch because you've got such a gift for parenting, for loving, for motherhood. More babies/children should really benefit from that, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ok, Rachel, you really have my curiosity going! I know what you mean about having the itch so soon! We applied again quickly after finalization. I can't wait to hear about what's in store for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whoa...wow!...hope you get to scratch that itch soon...or at least when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that itchy feeling! Can't wait to see where the Lord directs your steps!

    ReplyDelete
  25. An 'itch' is a great place to start. God led you perfectly last time, I have no doubt He will again this time too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I so get this - maybe that's why the Lord gave us both of our children in a period of nine months.

    Can't wait to watch how the Lord unfold this one too.

    God's Blessings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hmm...that's all we get?? Details, Lady. We want details ! (well, as soon as you are able to expound, that is) Can't wait to see what our very creative and loving Father has for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, that photo of Si is ADORABLE! And now that I've met him in person, I certainly know why you have that itch again!!! Loved meeting you this weekend, Rachel. I had SO MUCH fun. Thanks again for the goodies, too. That was so sweet of you. Oh, and that bag - I looooove it :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I LOVE that line about running down to get fingerprinted and fill out government forms! Positive associations go a long way!

    It was great to meet you and your boys this weekend. Best of luck with finding the path you were meant to go down in family building and everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yeah! Love to follow what's to come.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hmmm, I'm wondering where you're at on this journey now?! I'll have to keep getting caught up on your life this last year! Happy new year 2011!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails