Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's official

Well, dear friends, it's official.

I'm officially a stay-at-home-mama-who-only-works-very-part-time.

And it feels AMAZING.

Instead of
driving my bundled, sleepy baby across our town in the snowy Frozen Tundra to go to work this morning, we lingered in bed much longer than usual. We cuddled and giggled and tickled. With tears welling up, I looked into Si's eyes and whispered, "Your mama is SO happy." And the toothy grin that spread across his sweet face let me know that he was, too.

Right now as I sip my cappuccino and write to you, my little boy is shaking his cute little tush and clapping along with his new Seasame*Street friends and their songs. Good stuff.

When I wrote this post last month about feeling overwhelmed with balancing work and home life, it was a big blessing and comfort to me to read your words of encouragement and support. I really needed them, so thank you! Thank you.

The sweet gal who is taking over a huge chunk of my work hours is simply fantastic. She's made it so easy for me to step away and I'm confident that things will fall into place nicely.

Once again in this journey of life, the Lord has shown that He is in charge. That He can do even more than what I ask Him. That He can make this work for us. That He knew my heart's desire and then made it so
His plans completely blew my plans out of the water.

I am SO incredibly thankful to be able to stay home with our son. Not everyone who wants a similar situation has the opportunity which breaks my heart a bit....and leads me to hope and pray that I will never take a single moment of it for granted.

When Josiah wakes from his nap later in the day
, we may just repeat the simple joys we shared when we woke together this morning. Because that sounds perfect and because the day is ours.

I'm officially a stay-at-home-mama-who-only-works-very-part-time.

And I'm officially the happiest I've ever been.

And it feels AMAZING.

**********************

P.S. There's still time to get in on my 100,000 Blurb giveaway. Go
here to enter! Tonight Si and I will randomly choose a winner. Look for an announcement post late tonight or tomorrow morning!! And, oh, I'm having a great time answering all your questions!! Feel free to keep them coming!






28 comments:

  1. So happy for you..enjoy today and all the many to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip Hip Hooray!!! I am all for happy mamas :)
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your blog....I am in the adoption process and love coming across blogs about adoption...

    So the question...what kind of work do you do? er...what DID you do, now that you are staying at home? I would love love love to stay at home!enjoy the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you're making this work for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that you're so happy! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! :) Enjoy every moment. I try to never take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray!!
    I remember when this hit me for the first time too. I STILL have days where I'm like "I'm a STAY AT HOME mom! I get to stay at HOME? Hmmm, what should I do today? Vaccumn or Dust because if I do both today what will I have tomorrow?"
    Then I sit and giggle!
    Be careful though Seaseme will suck you in, you'll find yourself watching to see what stars are on with Elmo! HA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big, huge congratulations to you! It must feel amazing. I am grateful daily that I get to stay home with my girl every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy for you! I too and blessed beyond measure to stay home. I absolutely LOVE it! I can't imagine my life any other way! SO very happy for you and your cutie pie, Josiah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy for you...jealous:)...and very very happy. And knowing you a little, I know you will treasure every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay!!! i'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rachel this was so sweet. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YEAH!!! Congratulations! I know a little boy that is probably over the moon about having a stay at home mom too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on being able to stay at home with your child. What an awesome blessing to both you and your child.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You will never know how much hope this post gives me...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been at home with my ten month old since she was born in April. I knew that I was supposed to stay at home, but in the beginning, I really struggled with it. I prayed and prayed because I just knew I was supposed to be a sahm. Around 6 months, I woke up and just had such a peace about being at home. I went from feeling like "i'm doing this because I'm supposed to" to "thank you, God, for allowing me the blessing of being with my baby all day" (even on the days I feel a little crazy). It is the best feeling in the world to know that I have no other responsibilities besides being the best mom I can be to her all day. Do try to get out of the house each day either with you and Si or by yourself when your husband gets home. That keeps me sane:) Just thought I'd share.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so, so happy for you! Staying at home with Matthew is the best thing I have ever done and I too feel so blessed to be able to. Enjoy your morning snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! Those early mornings playing around in bed and cuddling with my kiddos are some of my favorite moments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so happy for you and Si!! I can just feel your joy through your words.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rachel...I am so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's wonderful! I, too, can feel your happiness about this decision. I think it will be a blast to me home with little Si. Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so very happy for you! What a blessing to be able to stay home and be with your little one all day. I'm sure you are going to enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous! Now you will have so much more one on one time with Josiah!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations!!! I've been where you are. I've experienced that shift from a "worker" to a "stayer." The reaction you had on this morning (and the one Josiah had to yours) says it all, doesn't it? The Lord knew the desires of your heart (even before you did) and has provided a way to bless you. So be blessed!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails