Saturday, February 27, 2010

mamas and their boys

One of the great perks of staying home with Josiah almost full-time is that we are able to have a lot more "playdates"! Yippee!

That being said, Si and I headed to Chicago on Thursday for a fun day with a group of good friends at Joanna's house. The four little boys played and played...lots of giggles and shouts and jibber-jabbering could be heard as the mamas gabbed and gabbed.

yardstick gang 1

yardstick gang 6

yardstick gang 4

yardstick gang 5

yardstick gang 7

yardstick gang 2

yardstick gang 3

Gabe's dad gave the 4 boys the nickname "The Yardstick Gang". I love it! This is the best shot I got of the gang together...

yardstick gang 8

Can you tell we waited until the 11th hour to take a group shot?! Ha!

I'm so very thankful for the relationships Josiah and I have with these wonderful friends! We're looking forward to the next get-together! Hopefully soon!

Oh, one more thing...

Josiah was definitely on a boy's time high because he was SO wound up and wouldn't go to sleep that night. Here's a glimpse into what was happening an hour past his bedtime...


I suppose I wasn't exactly helping him wind down with all my tickling! My little stinker of a son is just too darn cute, I couldn't help myself!




21 comments:

  1. so cute! i want to see Si again!

    we had so.much.fun. i was thinking on the way home how well all 4 boys got along. despite the lack of napping, they all did very well - except for C right before we left - as the picture shows! ha!

    can't wait to see you guys again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the pictures on Sue's blog...what a fun day! It is awesome that you have a great group of friends to have playdates with:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute group! That picture of the Yardstick Gang is hilarious. Love the video of Si - what an adorable laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun!! I have to tell you that my heart stopped when I saw Si in that black jacket. Matthew was wearing that exact same jacket on the day his foster mother gave him to us. I have it in a ziploc bag and have never washed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was beyond cute!!!

    I had to laugh at the group picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big smile...SO cute...love the squeals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love that video! He is so stinkin' cute!

    X was wound up too from the day, but he eventually fell asleep. It was so worth it though. We had a great time with everyone - can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun day for all!!!!! I LOVE the group picture too.

    Enjoy each moment - it goes all too fast !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My, my... how CUTE was that?! And y'all are making us jealous of your awesome playdate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO SWEET! Looks like you all had a great time. I think I need to take a drive to Chigaco! How far is that? OH, 6 hours???

    Take care... SI is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had so much fun!! Those are 4 adorable little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun - I just love the pics of them all together - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun to have so many boys for Si to hang out with! Loved him blowing kisses..

    ReplyDelete
  14. So VERY fun to see them together. I laughed at the shot with the 4 of them...at least 2 of them look completely DONE with the whole deal.

    The video is great. I watched it with Little D and he was smiling & laughing throughout the whole thing. Josiah, you are TOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks so fun. Playdates/groups are the best! I would go crazy without mine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - you got some GREAT photos!! You're so lucky you all live so close together...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you all had so much fun! The boys are so cute together. I love the video of Si, too. He definitely didn't seem interested in sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love to see YOUR photos in my house. I was telling Dave how funny Si is...he cracks me up! And that giggle...too much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. He just has the sweetest face! Looks like you guys had such a good time and how nice to have fellow mom support so close!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVED that video of Josiah going up the stairs and giggling. He is the sweetest little guy! You took some really beautiful photos of the Yardstick Gang :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails