Monday, March 1, 2010

for Josiah

Josiah
Do you know how
SPECIAL
you are?
How much you are
LOVED?
Even now
FIVE MONTHS
after you came
HOME
to us
I find myself
BREATHLESS
as I think
this is
MY
CHILD
As I
stroke your hair
while you're falling asleep
at bedtime
so often the
MAGNITUDE
of how we became a
FAMILY
washes over me
and tears fall
as I whisper into
your ear
Oh, how
I LOVE YOU.
YOU
were hand picked by
GOD
to be
OUR
SON
Si, you
FIT
so perfectly
and I am
THANKFUL
BLESSED
OVERJOYED
HUMBLED
It is a
PRIVILEGE
to be your
MAMA
To watch you
GROW
To be the one to
NURTURE
and
PROTECT
you
To hear your
GIGGLES
see your
SMILES
and share your
KISSES
To witness your personality
BLOSSOM
and
SHINE
so
BRIGHTLY
every.single.day
So
YES
you are
SPECIAL
my sweet, unique, precious
SON
SHINE ON
You
are
LOVED.


nothing better





17 comments:

  1. this warmed my heart. you are a wonderful mama and you have a wonderful son! life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect...
    what a lucky mama you are

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Rachel, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Rachel, you are so creative - I love your posts. That picture is so, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet and wonderfully said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet. I just love it!
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 5 months home Josiah. What a sweet picture of the two of you....warms my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderfully sweet post...and the most perfect picture to accompany it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully written....and what a sweet photo to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel,
    Your son is so beautiful!! So glad that you have each other!! I was wondering if you would mind praying for my friend Jenn and her son Paxton. He is five months old and in surgery right now. Thank you so much!!!
    Leigha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails