Friday, March 12, 2010

from underneath it all

Well, hello there.

busy 1

I haven't posted in a week. I'm not sure that's happened before.

Things are just
a tad busy around here. On top of my normal routine of mothering and working and homemaking, we've also added in some packing, organizing, and tossing to the mix.

We're kicking things into high gear in the house-selling department. Seminary assignment day is just over 2 months away. Come July we'll be, God-willing, moving....somewhere. (*Deep breath* That's a whole other post!)

When he's not at school or studying, Josh has been painting and hammering and transforming. He's a rock star. As for me? I've mostly been overwhelmed by all the STUFF and have felt like doing this multiple times....

busy 2

Packing and organizing are not my strong points, but with some encouragement and a deadline I'm getting things done slow but sure. Josiah has shown an interest in "helping", so I put him to work wiping things down.

busy 5

On a scale of 1 to 10, how pathetic is it that he does a better job than I do? ;-)

And he even does it with a huge smile on his face....

busy 3

My 15 month old is a rock star.

On that note, I need to wrap this up. I have to finish clearing out our 3 bedrooms since new paint and carpeting are on the agenda for the next few days.

Wish me luck!

busy 4

I'll hopefully be back soon....once I can come out from underneath it all.







19 comments:

  1. hilarious that Si likes to clean in his undies!

    hang in there! we are all counting down the days with you. if i lived closer, i would come and help you clean and pack! anything to distract myself from the mess that's at my own house! ha!

    wherever you end up - we'll come visit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way Si is even able to clean with just one sock on. That might bother a lesser man, but Si just keeps on going!!! He is so cute, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed all the way through this:) He looks so darn cute in that first picture!
    Oh and btw Mama...you can't say he's 15mos old when he's 16mos tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Mama... it's a hard thing to do while wrangling a young'in! My motto as of late "keep calm and carry on"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures of Si and how they go so well with your words. You have a lot going on! Hang in there. I hope these next two months go well for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the risk of being booed, I actually *liked* that part of selling our house - packing up things we didn't need so there was less clutter. It really makes you think about what you need...
    Good luck with everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were recently talking about the call situation from our vicar. I pray that you will be one of the few with a call. In the meantime, good luck with all the house prep and work! You've got yourself a cute helper, which at least makes it more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The time will go fast - I promise.
    I remember Joel's call day -that would be 20 years ago thsi May.
    Keep Smiling - God Loves You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely noticed the lack of posts from you--and I don't mean that in a bad way! I enjoy your posts and cute pics of Si. But, I completely understand everything that has to be done! You are a busy mama! Good luck with everything and take a deep breath! It'll get done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck, mama!! You sure have a lot going on... but what awesome company you have! Si is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whew! Chasing after your little guy all day AND trying to pack?! You've got your hands filled to say the least!
    Love how helpful Si is with housework! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can do it! Plus, you have a super cut little helper by your side. he is a rock star for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know you know this....but that is absolutely THE CUTEST boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE that he cleans in his diapers. We have a little cleaning helper around here too. I'm amazed how focused they can get on one spot...spit polished, literally.

    So many bloggy friends are in the process of moving. Wow! Good luck. I know you'll keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cutie he is!!! And a character too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck! With such a cute little helper things should go easier (well I hope so!). I'm in the midst of moving and I understand the stress of it all - not fun (esp. with a toddler and working!). Oh well - 4 more days...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I understand this busyness! My husband just graduated from seminary this past summer, so I was doing the house clean and appointment waiting last year!
    You will make it through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a helper you have! i think that smile just might have inspired me to clean up a bit and get organized.
    two months...you still have LOTS of time!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. just over 2 months away??? oh my goodness.
    thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails