Wednesday, April 28, 2010

to bloom

Isn't Spring such a treat?

Changes are evident everywhere you look. Everything comes to life. Flowers begin to bud and bloom. Moods are cheery. The sunlight makes the days grow longer.


bloom 4

This Spring, even more big changes are on the horizon for our family...

Josh graduating from Seminary in late May. Being assigned to a church somewhere. Selling our house. Moving. Becoming the Peacher's Wife. Learning how to be the Preacher and his family while still being our family. Taking on new, big responsibilities. Settling in to a new town.
Hoping to begin the journey to our 2nd little one. Discovering our new normal. Becoming a part of a new church family.

Whew!


Like a sunrise, these changes are just far enough in the distance to sit back peacefully, but still close enough to keep our eyes focused on what's ahead. And while these changes are exciting and welcomed, they are also a tad bit nerve wracking. (But that's pretty much a given, right!?)

I've been thinking a lot about being a new pastor's wife....and I have an inkling that it's a lot like a new flower bud.

bloom 3

(Although when it comes down to the nitty gritty, I'm really just a weed of a sinner who needs a Savior and all the help I can get, but I'll stick with a flower bud for today!)

bloom 5

As I begin my new role, I pray that my teeny-tiny bud of a self will bloom and thrive and grow under the Lord's nurturing hands...proof of His love bursting within. And when hard, dark winter days loom, I'm confident that He'll provide protection, guidance, and stability to weather the storms that arise.

Most of all, I want to give Him glory and stand tall for Him as He showers his light through me. Because only He can make me brave and confident and truly beautiful.


bloom 2

So today, even though such changes can be scary and nerve wracking, I am embracing them and the possibilities ahead...

A fresh start. Opportunities to bloom.
My face tilted and reaching toward the Sun.

bloom 1

I'm very blessed (and excited!!) to have you along next to me as my family begins this new season of life. After all, so many of you have become friends who already love us and know us. I appreciate your support and prayers more than you know....and any tips you might have along the way!


*****

Don’t know how it is You looked at me
And saw the person that I could be

Awakening my heart

Breaking through the dark

Suddenly Your grace


Like sunlight burning at midnight

Making my life something so

Beautiful, beautiful

Mercy reaching to save me

All that I need

You are so

Beautiful, beautiful


~Beautiful Beautiful by Francesca Battistelli

18 comments:

  1. Big changes are so, so exciting, and so very scary. I'm happy to be along for your ride :) I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are so fitting with your words Rachel. I feel privileged to "come along side you" on this amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I can do it, you can do it! I know you will be a wonderful pastor's wife and support to Josh. Can't wait to hear where you go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're with you every step of the way! I have complete faith in you and your Preacher wife abilities. The congregation that gets Josh has no idea what a blessing they will get with him and the pair he brings with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, I love this post. You are going to be an amazing Preacher's Wife, because you're an amazing woman. I've been thinking about you guys a lot with all of the changes coming your way. I'm so happy that I'm able to follow your journey (and selfishly hope that your journey doesn't take you too far away). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thrilled to follow along during your journey. I'm so excited to see what lies ahead for you and I'm here if you need the support!

    p.s. I love this post and how poetic you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the beautiful photos and how they fit with your words. Changes are scary, no doubt! But with your faith and trust in God everything will work out just great! You will be an amazing Pastor's wife. Any congregation will be so blessed to have your family serving them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "the best is yet to be" Enjoy this exciting time of change. You guys will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel, this is such a beautiful post! I can't wait to see all God has in store for your family! Thanks for letting me follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an exciting time for your family and such a beautiful post! I can't wait to see what's in store for your family. I have a feeling that you are going to be a great Preacher's wife! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just be yourself and you will be a great pastor's wife.
    I will see you at Call Day !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rachel, there is no doubt in my mind that you will be an awesome preacher's wife because you, my friend, are amazing. Personally, I think you'd make a wonderful preacher yourself :) Like a few others have said, wherever you end up will be blessed to have your family there. If you move to Seattle, I might even drag myself to church. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such wonderful things in store for you all! Love your attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an exciting time for your family! Best of luck to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I may not be a Preacher's Wife, but I am a Pastor's Wife and my best advice is to let that dirt in your petals show. Being transparent and honest and real has been the greatest freedom and has given me incredible opened doors into other people's hearts. If you are real, they will be too! And feel like they can approach you. Ya know what? I think you got this pretty much already covered! Excited for what's ahead for your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beauty just pouring out of you and even with no makeup LOL!!! Love the pics, what are you shooting wht these days?

    ReplyDelete
  17. well, hello new lay out! it's beautiful! i'm behind on blogs, and just saw your old lay out a few minutes ago!

    this is a beautiful post! thinking and praying for your family - your future. your family is amazing - truly amazing. i feel blessed to count you as a friend in real life.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails