Monday, April 26, 2010

a treat

a treat

after dinner
we sit together
just
he and I
on the tiled kitchen floor
one little hand
gripping my shirt sleeve
the other one
patting his chest
excitedly
as he chants
"pah pah"
{please}
his dark eyes glued to
a small white bowl
of fudge swirl
I spoon the cold
treat into
his warm waiting mouth
he grins widely and
smacks his lips and
"mmmm"s and
claps his chubby fingers
with joy
as it drips
down his chin
and unto his bare chest
I smile and
fall even more
deeply in love
with him
as we savor this treat
it's a weakness
we share
and delight in
often lately
and it always ends
with a messy
chocolaty
kiss



***Celebrating everyday moments
with Emily@Chatting at the Sky
for Tuesday's Unwrapped***



22 comments:

  1. Truly the perfect way to end the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no better kiss than a chocolate kiss.

    What a beautiful gift! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, lovely. That's one of those moments we all can relate to, but we never think to enshrine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ice cream will get me everytime :) what sweetness to share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was beautiful!

    Another mom of a precious Josiah (who longs to be a missionary and spend his life serving and working with orphans)

    Beth
    http://bethaworkinprogress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how sweet! I love it!
    Stopping by from Chatting at the Sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm...ice cream! What a sweet post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I'm hungry. And need an Olive snuggle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful to recognize these precious moments as the gifts they are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was waiting to see the messy face- that mother son relationship is something - believe me I have it too. At sixteen we still have hugs and quick little kisses on the cheek. Savor each moment friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. chocolaty kisses are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet! ( and can I just say that I love that you eat ice cream sitting on the kitchen floor with your boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post! What a special moment between mom and son:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a gift to unwrap indeed. Treasure those moments, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails