Tuesday, May 25, 2010

following them

Josh and Josiah took me on a little adventure this afternoon.

adventure 3
adventure 2
adventure 4
I happily followed my two men as we strolled through a woodsy area of a local park. After Si stopped to point at or examine every.single spec of nature, we eventually made our way to the shores of Lake Michigan.

adventure 5
And then we did something that every boy - young and old - can't seem to get enough of...

adventure 6
As you can see from the photos, I did spend quite a bit of time today following my two boys around. I simply adore seeing them together. Their relationship is precious and fun and strong and all boy. Standing back and watching them interact (as I snap away with my camera, of course!) is a joy....although nothing beats joining them in throwing stones or cuddling before bedtime or giggling over a game of chase.

adventure 7
As we threw stones into Lake Michigan today, my thoughts drifted to all the exciting new adventures that are ahead of us on the other side of that same lake. We've spent the last few days soaking up info on our new town in Michigan. By early July we'll be making the move to our new home and we couldn't be more excited!

adventure 8
I feel like the most blessed girl in the world having these two alongside of me as we discover our new normal and enjoy the adventures that come our way.

adventure 1
I don't think it's a secret...I'd follow them anywhere.


17 comments:

  1. Awesome post!!! Love the pics of your two men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Rach... tearing up here. You know how I hate to cry. Quit it, will you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures! And what a great way to spend this hot day!

    I really hope to get a chance to meet you and Si before you move, but schedules may work against us. But I'm so glad to be following you as you experience the next steps in God's plan for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! great pictures and looks like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post! Si and his daddy are so cute together. I love the pics of them throwing rocks into the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I don't blame you for following those two great guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful father/son moments you've captured in this post! Looks like a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 7 bridges!! Love it there! It always seems so mystical and magical when we go. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I (heart) this post. What a lovely, lovely place to explore and what adorable men to explore it with. You are blessed, Rachel, and I know you know it. We are ALL excited for your big move across that lake!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, Rachel. You manage to write the sweetest posts with such beautiful photos. You have two wonderful boys there and I'm excited to see your adventures across the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post Rachel - The pictures are amazing - as are your boys together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a great photographer - beautiful pictures! Also, love the new blog format. You guys have a wonderful adventure in front of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you had a wonderful day with your two guys! Beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful post rachel! you have such a gift of capturing the very best of everyday moments - both through pictures and in words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how I love these pictures!! And I totally get the awesome bond between a daddy and his boys. GOOD stuff!
    I get a little more excited whenever I hear you talk about southern Michigan. ;) We love it here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful day! I love daddy time - so nice to see guys doing guy things.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails