Thursday, June 24, 2010

the beach

At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment.
We live my the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun.
~Unknown

We know this to be true.

On our Hilton Head getaway, the beach {which provided the perfect balance of fun and relaxation} was a favorite spot. How could it not be?!

I never want to forget...
the look on Si's face when he splashed in the ocean for the first time
the way the sand felt between my toes
the thrill of seeing groups of dolphins leaping from the water
the sight of my boys exploring and swimming and digging together
the way the 3 of us laughed and splashed and played
the majesty of the Creator's sea

Thankfully, I have a few photos to help me with that....

beach hilton head 1

beach hilton head 9

beach hilton head 19

beach hilton head 6

beach hilton head 3

beach hilton head 10

beach hilton head 15

beach hilton head 11

beach hilton head 5 b&w

beach hilton head 2

beach hilton head 16

beach hilton head 12

beach hilton head 14

beach hilton head 13

beach hilton head 7


19 comments:

  1. the last photo is my favorite. I love the beach and miss it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Can't wait to get to the beach this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what special memories - so glad you had such a wonderful trip! I love the pics of Josiah standing next to his name in the sand. I'm going to have to copy that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! Looks like so much fun. We can't wait to go to the beach...soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful photos! as always! Si is adorable in his swim trunks! i love summer tummies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are great! It looks like such a fun time. Love Josiah's face in all of them, but especially the 5th one. You can tell he loves the water!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again, beautiful photos!!! Your trip looks like it was WONDERFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great pictures! We love SC and the beach, too. I love that you wrote Josiah's name in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like an amazing time. I remember when Christine and I visited Hilton Head a few years back I absolutely didn't want to leave.

    Really great meeting you and Josiah in Chicago. It was so funny how focused he was on the golf game during lunch. Hope he remembers us all when he's on the PGA Tour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! Great photos. I agree that i love him standing by his name. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, now I'm not only green with envy over the vacation... but also the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i can't wait til our little one comes home so we can take him to the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh i just love the photo of si sanding there with his name written in the sand!

    and, you are so right...there is NOTHING better than beach and beach time (i am particularly fond of lake michigan beach time!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a blast !!! great memories !!
    r u busy packing ????

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos! That last one is awesome! Si is such a handsome and sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These photos are beautiful!
    I had Little D on my lap while looking at these and he got a HUGE smile on his face and kept saying, "Hi," "water," and "ooooh" to Josiah. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like the perfect vacation. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails