Thursday, June 3, 2010

because we need it

Next week Josh, Josiah, and I are going to vacation at Hilton Head Island!

Our very first vacation together...and the 3 of us need this. The last months {actually the last 9 months!} have been filled to the brim with busyness.

Numerous deadlines, work hours,
family parties, house selling, Seminary get-togethers, everyday chores and errands, and so on and on.

Many of these things were wonderful and enjoyable {it is our life after all!} but it has come to a point when a break is certainly welcomed and necessary!

And next week is the perfect time. Life as we know it is going to change for us come next month. We now know that Michigan is our new home and that come early July we'll be making our way across the lake to settle in and begin. While our family will always be his first priority {well, 2nd to the good Lord, of course!}, much of Josh's attention will need to be on his new church. Ministry life is demanding and we will need to be intentional about taking family time away, but at this point we don't know when that next time will be....so this vacation week is important and special and needed.

We're happy to be in Georgia for a few days visiting with Josh's folks and some other family. Then starting on Saturday my 2 boys and I will soak up some sun and relaxation at Hilton Head, but mostly just be together. Away from distractions and daily details and deadlines and demands.
Just the 3 of us enjoying each other, building memories, having fun, and savoring special moments.

I am so very thankful and cannot wait for this time away! I have a few blog posts scheduled to go up throughout next week, but otherwise you won't be seeing too much of me for a while.

I'll be with my boys. Away from it all. Because we need it.



23 comments:

  1. Very smart. I think it is always a good thing to be intentional about scheduling time for a family to just enjoy each other.

    Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time, but just so you know Hilton Island is in South Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I know it is! :-) We just happen to be kicking off our vacation in GA right now with family...only about 3 hours away from HH, SC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good.for.you!!! So happy for you guys! I know how it is when life gets super crazy. It is so important to make time like this.
    I'm counting on you for some great pictures when you return! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your vacation! My husband and I just got back from Hilton Head. We spent last week there. I wrote all about it on my blog, if you want to check it out. Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Rachel! i'm so happy you guys are getting away! enjoy every.single.moment together!!!! and i'll bet Si will be rocking a nice tan next time we see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time away! I have to admit I'm a bit jealous... would love to get away from life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love SC! Have a wonderful time with your boys--you all totally deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your family time...sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see the pictures.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds wonderful! Have a wonderful time!!! I spent time in Hilton Head once and it was *so* peaceful walking up & down the beach. I can't wait for beach pictures of little Si! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Hilton Head. You guys will have a great time! And you all deserve a break to relax for sure. I can't wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So wise to take some family time...I hope you have a lovely and relaxing vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how much you're going to enjoy getting away! I can't wait for our vacation. We determined when our girls were little that no matter where we went, we would always take a family vacation every year. And, we have. Great memories!

    Love the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. have an absolutely wonderful time enjoying vacation as a family of three...it is so deserved!

    have fun soaking up the sun and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a great vacation. Family time is so important and needed!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful for you three to get away! I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you have a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. GOOD IDEA!!!! i hope you enjoy it!!! can't wait to see a picture of Josiah on the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. One thing we've made a priority is making sure to actually schedule family time...seems silly, we all live in the same house after all...but we find ourselves getting wrapped up in "to dos" if we don't intentionally make plans.

    Your vacation will be soooo fun! Enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoy your vacation. =)

    A lot of my friends with infants do something called Stroller Strides. Not sure if they have that around where you are, but one of my close friends LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enjoy yourself! You more than deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have fun! I love it, just have no plans and see where it takes you and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You so deserve this! How very exciting. It will be absolutely heavenly to relax on the beach with your boys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails