Thursday, September 9, 2010

sweet September

One Happy Mama b&w 1
9-9-09 at 9:14am

Exactly a year ago, my cell phone rang loudly in Canon in D while I was at work.

I answered the call and nearly dropped to my knees in thanksgiving, relief, and joy.

With a heart beating out of my chest and shaking hands, I grabbed my keys and drove 20 minutes to the Seminary where my Preacher Man Hubby was. I ran up the stairs and down the hallway to his classroom.

He saw me and knew.

After 28 days of worry and wondering, we could finally go to Korea and hold our son! Josiah YeJoon was coming home.

I was one.happy.mama!

I wanted the whole world to know!

After we shared the news with our parents and families, I couldn't wait to share the news with y'all! So many of you had helped us through the hard wait with your uplifting words and prayers. Your response to our travel call was overwhelmingly delightful! Woohoos and exclamation points were everywhere. :-) Last night I went back and read your sweet words as I smiled a lot and cried a bit.

And so 9-9-09 was when sweet September began. A month filled with gifts beyond our wildest dreams. A month when our prayers {4 years worth!} for a child were answered. A month when we became a family of three. A month of falling in love with a country and a son. A month I hold so dear in my heart.

Sweet September has rolled around again. I can't believe it's been a year. A year! We're so happy to be celebrating many special dates this month.

Those dates mixed with the loveliness and fresh start of Fall make for a pretty sweet time of year.

Don't you think?!



23 comments:

  1. Happy Travel Call Anniversary! There are few moments sweeter than this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet September indeed! It has been a delight and honor to share this last year with you; watching as you all became a family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't imagine your relief when you FINALLY got your travel call!!! has it been a year?! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful milestone to be CELEBRATING!! I remember!

    Going to throw some dates out to you soon. :) SO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the day you got your travel call! What a joy to celebrate this great anniversary. :) Congratulations! I can't wait to hear how you celebrate Family Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Travel Call Anniversary!!! I still remember the relief I felt on your behalf when I read that message a year ago...

    ReplyDelete
  7. One year ago?! Wow. It's been great following your family's awesome story. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary! I share the "sweet September" feeling. It is a very special month! Enjoy remembering this time a year ago while holding your son now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is hard to believe it's been a year already! I felt so much relief for you when you got your travel call. It was wonderful to see Si in your arms at long last! What a great year it has been :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot imagine how great it felt to finally get that call! Happy Aniversary and Sweet September to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow--amazing that it's been a year! I remember your post and how happy I was for you. Definitely a sweet time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet month! I can't wait to relive all the sweetness of sweet Si, and all the goodness of the past year right along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy one year anniversary! It's been fun walking the road of waiting, adoption and new motherhood with you. Happy September! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy travel call-iversary!
    funny, one year ago today our son was born!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVED your post- kind of ironic. September 9th is a very special day in our house as well, five years ago today our beautiful baby girl was born, although we didn't get to see her on the day of her birth it is still very special. We got to see her the next day and after 5 days in the hospital we were able to bring her home:) I will never forget those days- God is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing moment! Happy one year of getting "the call"!!! ( and LOVE your tshirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh..that makes me tear up! So very sweet it is! It's amazing to know that there are other people who go through the same type of emotions and can so easily relate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i get all teary just reading about this again! i also have goosebumps. such a wonderful day that i remember so well!

    can't wait to follow the next few weeks with you as you look back to bringing Si home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I look forward to reliving these special moments since I started following your blog after Si came home to his forever family. Happy Travel Call Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I remember cheering OUT LOUD when your TC finally came. One year later...so fun to remember that. Thank you. Congrats...celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy travel call anniversary! What a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I remember that post so well - we were all beyond thrilled for you guys to FINALLY get the call. I can't believe it's been a whole year already!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails