Monday, October 4, 2010

monday morning chat

Good morning!

Josiah and I are sitting in my parent's kitchen. Si is happily slurping up yogurt at an unbelievably fast rate as he sits on a counter stool next to me. Everyone else has gone to work so we'll see them a bit later in the day. Being here in Wisconsin for a visit is good for our hearts. Life in Michigan is happy and becoming more normal, but there's just something about a homecoming that refreshes me. And Si is totally digging the extra attention he's getting!

Josiah and I started out our weekend in the Chicago area. He was a lucky duck and spent his very first night away from mom and dad with his doting grandparents and auntie. As expected, he did extremely well.....and we were both pretty happy to see eachother after a night apart! I got some much needed {understatement} girl time with dear friends. We gabbed and ate Korean food, laughed hard and devoured cupcakes untl the wee hours of the morning. I loved every single second with these ladies and drove away thanking God for such fun, easy, special friendships. What a gift!

Josh, Si, and I spent Friday morning getting family photos taken at a local park. This was the first time we'd done this, so it was a long.time.coming! I'm super excited that we did it and we're very pleased with how they turned out! I have to giggle, because the shots of Josiah without a big stick {or 2 or 3} or rocks in his hand are pretty rare....that's what made him happy and smile. Our boy is all boy and that's what was captured. I love that.

I'll post all of my favorites soon, but I'll leave you today with a little sneak peak....


family photos 1

family photos 2

My little cutie and I are going to spend the day relaxing, playing with G-ma's toys, and soaking up some hometown goodness. We'll call and chat with Josh, too....since I have a feeling he's missing his wife and kiddo. No worries hon', we'll be home in a few days!

Enjoy your week, friends!


25 comments:

  1. I had a great time this weekend too. So good to see you and catch up with you. And I can't wait to see more family pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a great weekend! Love the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're having a fun little getaway with your little cutie. Those photos are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures!! They are too cute! So glad you got to have a girls night out..sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. rachel, these photos are gorgeous!!! love si's little smile :) and sounds like you had an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, we got some too this weekend. I was afraid he'd be 3 and I'd say where are the family photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's no place like home. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loved catching up this weekend, and hearing about how things are going. i truly admire you and Josh. we would love to invite ourselves up for a visit sometime after our house sells.

    i adore your family photos and can't wait to see the rest! enjoy your little vacation with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was great to see you again and hear about your life in MI!

    Those photos are adorable! The last one is just so cute. And Joel would totally be carrying around sticks and rocks, too. Gotta love boys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always good to go home and you are never too big to be spoiled by your mama!!

    That first picture is still my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot to tell you how much I loved the few family photos I have seen!! They are really beautiful.

    I admire you and Josh too. It was so great to get caught up in person. I always enjoy hanging out with you. Hopefully I'll see you again before we move.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you all had a super fun weekend with the girls! I love the family photos I've seen and I can't wait to see more of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is always nice to meet up with family and good friends:-) Love the photos you posted here and look forward to seeing the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YEH! for girl time and cupcakes!Oh we love our kids, but we can really love them when we get that time to reboot. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the photos. Beautiful.
    We had family photos taken this weekend too...also our first time. We've seen only a few so far...she is still working on them...but the ones she did send have me smiling BIG time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to see the rest of the photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a great family visit! The family photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww I love those pics!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The pictures are a.maz.ing!!
    -And really, so glad you got to have some girl time! Sounds so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It sounds like it was a GREAT weekend! And a great get-away in general! I'm drooling over these photos here...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nothing like being home.
    It was great being able to spend time with you this weekend. It's never long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh, he is getting so big!! Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful pics - love that first one especially!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Wisconsin in the fall!
    And Minnesota too, of course :)

    LOVE the photos. You guys just look so happy! I really love it...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your family is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing these photos. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails