Thursday, October 14, 2010

our visit and the boys

Hey friends! Long time, no chat. At least on my end....my longest break ever, I think!

Si Guy and I are home in Michigan again. My Preacher Man hubby was ecstatic to have us back. He missed us dearly and we missed him! I originally planned to stay in WI with family for a handful of days, but we ended up being there a week. It was fabulous!

Lots of time was spent relaxing and playing with Auntie "Kay Kay", G-ma, and Papa Dean. There were sweet moments with Josiah's great-grandparents and aunts and uncles. We got to laugh with and catch up with friends. Si thought it was pretty special to visit his grandparents at work and have the run of their house!

I was awful about taking photos, but I did manage to snap a few. Here are a couple of pictures and a video {thanks to Uncle Paul & Co. for the squeaky shoes from China!! We love them!}....

WI visit 3
WI visit 2
at grandmas



Our WI visit was also special because we finally met "the boys". My parents went from being {pert near} empty nesters to being host "mom and dad" to two teenage boys from South Korea! "Aaron" {KeePyo} and "Robin" {JunHyuk} are freshmen at my Alma mater - the high school where Mom is the secretary.

These boys are off.the.charts polite, smart {think A+}, hardworking, and sweet. Their English is good and improving. They have huge appetites and devour Mom's cooking {she's a Korean or American dish cooking rock star}. I asked them oodles of questions about life in Korea, about their families, and what makes them happy...and they answered every one with a smile. They are just so kind and funny. You can't help but love them!

Josiah YeJoon definitely thought they were pretty great, too. Throughout the day, he would call out "boys! boys!" even if they weren't there. It was super cute! He got a kick out of knocking on their door and hanging out in their room with them. The boys even offered to baby-sit Si while I made a quick trip to mail a letter. When I got back, I found this...

WI visit 1
I didn't know who had more fun - Robin or Josiah! Maybe it was a tie. :-)

It's pretty terrific that we have these boys as a part of our family! I love the connection to Korea that they bring. I also love that, in a way, they are positive role models for our Korean-born kiddo.

All in all, our WI visit was wonderful! We're looking forward to seeing family again next month!



19 comments:

  1. So cute! I love Si's "boys!"
    And the squeaky shoes? Olive had the same.exact.reaction when we busted out her first pair. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodness, your mom is gorgeous! and what a very special visit! how cool that your parents are hosting the boys. so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodness, your mom is gorgeous! and what a very special visit! how cool that your parents are hosting the boys. so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of this! Literally. Every single part brought a smile. I'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, the shoe video was so funny to watch! that is so very awesome that your mom and dad are hosting those special boys! they sound so very sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a relaxing time in good ole' Wisconsin.
    I'm glad you met the boys and even happier that they are great kids. How great for Si to get to know them over the next few years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very neat visit! I love that you all had a nice time and si got to spend time with those boys. They sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very special family bundle you all are building! Praise God! It is a blessing to witness, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! Si has the squeaky shoes!!!! Looks like a fun visit! And how neat that your parents are hosting those "boys, boys!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool! How fun to be able to talk to some older guys form South Korea.
    Looking forward to seeing you guys next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool! How fun to be able to talk to some older guys form South Korea.
    Looking forward to seeing you guys next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are going back to WI for Thanksgiving. Yea! It's so wonderful your parents are hosting two boys from Korea. I would love to pick their brain, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOO HOO for time with family. Si is just so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a blast - sorry I missed you when you were just a few minutes away. Next time !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds and looks like a great visit home:) That is soooo neat about the "boys" staying with your parents and you learning more about Korea! My kiddos are part Korean (their birthmothers were adopted from Korea) and sadly we don't know much about Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've missed your posts but so glad you had such a good time away! I love the squeaky shoes and Si's boys. That is just the neatest thing for your parents to do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. glad you had such a wonderful trip home.

    how wonderful Si has two older Korean boys to look up to!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that your parents are hosting Korean "boys." What a special visit for you and Si!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhhhh, it sounds like you had such a great visit. I think it is so cool that your parents are hosting the "boys" from Korea. Like you said, such a great connection to Korea and I'm sure Josiah thinks they are SO NEAT. That photo of Josiah sitting on the one boy's lap (Robin?) is soooooo cute. Looks like some good reading time. YAY!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails