Wednesday, November 10, 2010

monday wednesday morning chat

Whew.

It's been quite a week.

My poor kiddo was sick on and off for days....the very worst of it hitting on Saturday. Fever/cold/cough/sore throat/tummy issues were the culprits. He found comfort in sprawling out on me while watching his favorite shows. I lost count of the number of MickeyM*ouse and Di*ego episodes we watched after 73 or so. Our week looked a lot like this....

sickie 2
Thankfully yesterday he perked up big time and today he is feeling 110% better. Therefore Mama is very happy. We even missed Sunday church 2 weeks in a row due to this long round of sickies. The pastor let me know if we missed once more time, he'd have to call on us. And then I told him to shush up and go clean the kitchen. I can do that 'cause I'm married to him. :-)

Since we were stuck in the house for days, it felt great to get out yesterday. I made an appointment with a sweet gal from our church to have Si's hair cut. Your compliments on his hair on my pumpkin patch post made me smile. I am wild about his hair and prefer it to be long, but it really was in need of a trim all around. Even though there's still a lot of length there, I'm still adjusting to his new shorter 'do. Of course, he's still very much his same adorable self.

After the haircut, we sat on the back patio and savored the gorgeous sunny {nearly 70 degree} weather! I sipped from my Mc*Donald's cup as Si threw and kicked and jumped into the last of the leaves. And then he begged me with "pleases" for a sip.

begging 1
I gave in since he was so stinkin' cute and polite, but mostly because there was only ice on the bottom.

begging 2
He was a happy camper.

There is stubborn glue residue all over my hands right now. Silly, but I kept waking up last night when my gluey fingers rubbed on the sheets. I've been making party decorations for Josiah's 2 year old birthday bash this weekend. Some little friends from church are invited and my family {my parents, siblings and their families, and the boys} is coming, too! We're super excited - especially Si. He's realizing that a birthday is fun and special - and that it's almost time for his! I'll be chatting with him about something and he'll say "Birthday! 2!" out of the blue. It's so adorable and I laugh and smooch his cute little almost-2-year-old cheeks.

Like I said, my family is coming this weekend! I'm so thankful and happy to have them. And just like my week spent in WI was good for my heart, I know their visit here will do the same. There's nothing like family.

There's also nothing like a few hours to yourself. Josh is taking Si out for the day! His plan is for them to golf together {crazy, but true} so I can clean and get party things accomplished in a quiet, peaceful, sickness-free house. I might even relax a little. Yippee!

Enjoy your day, friends. I know I will.




20 comments:

  1. I am glad that Si is feeling better! How fun to go on a golf date with daddy:-) Enjoy having some quiet time today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard when they get sick... :( Good job hangin' in there mama (it can be hard on us too!).

    Ahhh - he is just so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've seen a lot of that laying-around-the-house & cuddling-with-Mama look around here too...illness...no fun! I'm glad Josiah is feeling better. The party sounds like it will be fun with all those family members and friends coming to town. Little D LOVES the "Birthday" song...makes me sing it over & over again. Usually we sing it to him (at his request), but sometimes Mama or Dada get to be the recipients. I think he'll be ready when he turns two in a couple of weeks. Cannot believe our boys are turning TWO! Wow! Hope your sticky fingers un-stick soon...looking forward to seeing photos of the source of the stickiness...soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your day! Briar is with her grandma all day today and I am missing her but glad to have a day to get things done!

    So glad your little guy is feeling better, it is NO fun when they are sick.

    LOL about the "birthday!2!" thing Josiah does, Briar is doing something very similar but with the number 3 for her birthday upcoming!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear Si is feeling better! He looked so miserable in that picture. :( You definitely deserve this personal day today! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, we've been battling the sickies here too. It seems too early for all this junk! Glad he's feeling better though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sick babies are no fun. Glad that sweet boy is doing better. Enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor sweet Si!! Glad he's feeling better! Have fun with your family this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's such a sweet little guy! Love the picture of him putting his head back. hehe. I'm glad he's not sick anymore. It's the pits when you don't feel good. Sounds like the birthday party is going to be a lot of fun! Enjoy your time to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun !!! I am sure your family is just as excited !!! Have a blast - can't wait to see the pics. We celebrated my nephews 2nd birthday on Sunday. His his two days before Si's bday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun !!! I am sure your family is just as excited !!! Have a blast - can't wait to see the pics. We celebrated my nephews 2nd birthday on Sunday. His his two days before Si's bday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo - can't wait to see the photos from the party!! I'm glad he's feeling better... WHEW! And, I really hope you enjoyed your day alone today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad Si is feeling better! The sickies are everywhere, it seems, and I for one am SICK of them! I adore that photo of Josiah sipping on your drink. Look at that face all puckered up! So adorable. I can't believe your little guy is turning TWO. Should be a super fun party! Can't wait to hear all about it (and the toddler golf date ... hmmm.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is rough when they get sick - glad Si is better in time to enjoy his birthday weekend! Enjoy your family visit, I'm sure it will be a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad that Si is feeling better. I know he is sick in that first photo, but he looks so darn cute. And I hear ya on the shows. We lost count with how many times we watched Gabba in a day recently. :)
    Love the new haircut too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Si is so adorable. SO ADORABLE! Especially with a new hair cut. I'm so glad he's feeling better and that you get some time to yourself. I hope you have an easy week and that the party planning isnt' too stressful. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the bash!

    p.s. I love your comment about telling the pastor to clean the kitchen - you crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad that he's feeling better. It stinks when kiddos are sick. His 2nd birthday bash is this weekend? WOW! I can't believe how the year has flown...

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad to hear Si is better! Hope the bday party goes well. I can't wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. He's so cute even when he's sick. I'm so glad the WI gang is making the trip for the 2nd b-day bash. Have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Si... glad he is feeling better - he looks so sad and sick in the picture.
    Enjoy your solo time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails