Saturday, April 2, 2011

just a day

Our Saturday was a simple, regular day.

Josh worked on Preacher Man things, so Si and I had most of the day for just the two of us.

We grocery shopped and played hoops and watched Nemo.

We cleaned and ate ice cream and chased and chatted.

We painted and cooked and had a dance party.

All while he wore his beloved "golf hat".

Si didn't nap, which is so not like him. He was in his bed for over an hour, but never actually fell asleep at all. He claimed he had some water in his nose that was keeping him up. :-) Huh? Maybe he's getting a cold? I don't know. Hopefully tomorrow he takes an extra long nap to make up for it!

He was in a cheerful, silly mood all afternoon despite skipping his afternoon snooze. Here's some proof....

paint me a picture 4
paint me a picture 3
paint me a picture 2
paint me a picture 1 b&w
phone chat 1
phone chat 2
phone chat 5
phone chat 3
phone chat 6
scream for ice cream 2
scream for ice cream 3
scream for ice cream
My kid really needs to learn to loosen up and have fun, don't you think?! ;-)

SiGuy spent the entire evening sporting only his Kimchi Keepsakes apron....he refused to wear a diaper {the view of his little bum was pretty cute!}. He was diligent in letting me know when he had to use the bathroom and didn't have any accidents. My boy may just potty train himself....'cause heaven knows I haven't pushed him. If anything, I've been the one dragging my feet. I had a plan {ha!} to wait until we've moved to our new house and it's warm and we're done with winter clothes {although half the time Josiah is without clothing!}, but my determined boy has other plans it seems. It's pretty clear we just need to go for it!

That was our simple, typical Saturday. I hope your weekend is filled with lots of smiles and happy times, too!




13 comments:

  1. What a fun day !!! Seems like yesterday...... and now my boy is thinking about baseball - or I should say his love for baseball. Asking someone to prom and thinking about a tux. Happy I get to go with him to pick that out !!

    Cherish these day like I know you are. Seems like Phil and I were just doing what you and Si are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day !!! Seems like yesterday...... and now my boy is thinking about baseball - or I should say his love for baseball. Asking someone to prom and thinking about a tux. Happy I get to go with him to pick that out !!

    Cherish these day like I know you are. Seems like Phil and I were just doing what you and Si are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The golf hat/diaper/apron combo is just about the cutest thing ever! Sounds like you had a wonderful day with your sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a great photographer! I enjoyed meeting you the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, you know this post makes *me* happy! i love that he likes to be sans clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THose pictures are so adorable. And I LOVE that he runs around with only an apron on:).

    ReplyDelete
  7. He seriously couldn't be any cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, there's someone who KNOWS how to have fun...in just a diaper (or not), an apron, a beloved hat...all while making time to chat on the phone & eat ice cream. Josiah: You are FAR too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love, love, love the apron.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm seriously impressed that you guys managed to fit in THAT MUCH fun in one Saturday! You two are quite the pair :) At the risk of sounding creepy, I love photos of toddlers in diapers. They just seem so free (and so baby-like). Maybe this is why we don't want to go down the potty training path ... we'll lose that baby quality cuteness. Anyway, Si knows how to work a diaper, and I'm totally giggling of the thought of him marching around with no pants and just an apron. Hee hee. What, no photo of that?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First - how did you get that much fun in?!?! Wow!

    Second... uh, you are ROCKING the camera and lens Rach... wow!!

    Si, I might just gobble you up when I see you. Fair warning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great day!
    BTW, Gabe is doing the same thing as Si and the potty. He is totally ready, but mom...not so much. I'm planning on the either the last week of April or first week of May. Wanna be potty training buddies?

    ReplyDelete
  13. i find it adorable that si spends so much time in his skivvies. ;) so cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails