Tuesday, June 7, 2011

june seven: and so it began

Three years ago, Josh and I had a secret.

Three years ago today, my brother and his new bride were married. On the eve before their wedding, with our family huddled close in a tight circle, I choked out our secret in a whisper to the ones we hold so dear.

We were going to have a baby! A baby from Korea.

I'll never forget the reactions and tears and love that was shared. It blessed me. It was perfect. The joy and relief and surprise. They all had known our heart's desire and prayed right along with us.

And so it began. The journey to our little babe.

A few days later, I started writing In His Hands. I wanted to remember each detail and I wanted a place to keep loved ones up-to-date.

And so it began. The journal of a great love story. Of mama and daddy and their boy. Of Preacher Man and his wife. Of Heavenly Father and daughter.

What a fantastic journey it has been! Every second of it was incredible. And it continues! I'm grateful for this place that now holds and keeps those memories safe and written down. I'm thankful for the therapy and outlet it has given me. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've been so blessed to have come to know so many of you dear, beautiful friends!

Thank you friends for the prayers and cheers and love you have given me over the past three years. Thank you for joining us on our journey to Si and sticking around to celebrate our daily life with us! Life is so much more fun with y'all in it. :-)

You know what else is fun?! Thinking about our next baby!

Josh and I hope to begin to grow our family soon. Our hearts desire yet another little blessing. Would you pray for us as we wait for the right time to begin another adoption journey? We don't know when that time will be exactly, but God certainly does and we trust Him!

We have been blessed abundantly in the last three years! We cannot wait to see what is in store for the next three!

for this child I prayed 1


19 comments:

  1. we will absolutely prayer with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. Have I been reading all three years? I think I have! :) It has been precious to follow your journey through this crazy blog world, and look forward to what God has planned for you next. How exciting! Praying, my bloggy friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee for three years and how exciting to think that the next three may include growing your family again. We'll be here to share in your joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing three years! I can't wait to hear all about your journey to your next little one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I can't wait to see what's in store for you in the next three years, either! It's sure to be awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. three years? I'm honored to have been along for the WHOLE ride :) I'm so thankful we both decided to blog, since it's what brought us to be friends.
    I'm thrilled you still blog and will take us all along on your next journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers are here in FDL for the 3 of you.

    We will wait to see how the Lord's plans unfold for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying that God will direct your hearts and in His perfect timing bring your next little one into your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful family and beautiful story. So excited to think what may be in store next for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We'll be praying!! Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY!!! SO excited for you all:) Praying for you and growing your family. I look forward to seeing what God had planned for you all next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adding to your family is always a reason to smile! It's amazing to see how much has happened in your life over the last three years and how exciting to see what the next years will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prayers! Exciting times.. I know the Lord will direct your path.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful. just beautiful!
    so thrilled for you as you think about adding another little one to your family! praying with you in your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your three year anniversary :) CANNOT wait to watch your journey to baby #2!!!! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, that picture is just so sweet! And SO exciting to hear you talk about your next baby! YEA!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this memory of yours! I can't wait to follow your journey to number two... whenever that may be!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your blog was the first I found when I started this whole adoption journey, and I think I've told you before how touched I have been reading along and "catching up" for the past three years. I pray you find peace to know when to step out in faith to add to your family once again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful way to share your news with your family! And you are going to grow too! That is fantastic news - can't wait to follow your next adventure. All you adoption moms are always in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails