Monday, June 6, 2011

june six: a peace offering

It's been nearly a year since we moved to Itty Bitty Town and into this house we are living in right now.

In the past twelve months, I have perhaps complained on more than one occasion about it's awkward layout and unsightly blue carpeting everywhere and the yard and neighborhood. It's a rental and I often felt like I was out of place here in this space.

And when the lovely home we were supposed to buy and move into fell through {did I ever tell y'all that?}, my grudge against this house grew a bit more.

I pushed that silly grudge aside, though, because this is the home we have. It's our place to live out our daily life and our place to make memories. It's clean and safe and has everything we need {and more}. This house is not my dream home, but I'm thankful for it.

And then today this place gave us a beautiful gift.

Blooms upon blooms of purple and pink. Enough to weigh down the bushes in the front yard and more to fill mason jars to place all around.

blooms 5
blooms 1
blooms 2
Perhaps the house was giving me a peace offering. Or that it was saying "See, I'm not so bad after all!". :-)

We will, God-willing, move soon to the perfect-for-us home that we'll be purchasing in July. I'm so excited and can't wait! But until then, we'll be living out life here with blue carpeting under our feet. And pretty flowers on the windowsill.

And happy, thankful hearts.



12 comments:

  1. I just read a quote today that said, "Thankful is the new black." Your wearing it well! The flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH! I LOVE peonies!! If we didn't have an ant issue in our kitchen, I would sooo be planting some, but since they attract ants, I'm afraid to do it. Love ya Rach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay house! Way to redeem yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos, awesome post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos are gorgeous! I love peonies. And I love your thankful heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful... in sentiment and imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man I want some peonies! And the blue carpet...I hear ya, I'd whine too. ;) (I'm finally re-entering blogland, so I'm catching up...thus the boatload of comments ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, so beautiful! I love peonies too - especially in a mason jar :) Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gasp! i heart peonies...such lovliness!
    p.s. i am loving this daily june series!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I love peonies... sigh - gorgeous shots. And so sorry about the failed move. What a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, I just wanted to let you know that I definitely get where you're coming from. We're in a rental right now, too, complete with BLUE carpeting. The owners must know each other! :) I'll have to think of where I can find the peace offering for this place in the next few days. I'll keep my eyes out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flowers! Beautiful pictures. We have our "issues" with our home too...but realize it is ours and we are forming memories here...and we are blessed to be where we are. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails