Sunday, July 31, 2011

July's song

The rhythm of June was steady. It's beat as predictable as the sunrise. It played out like a country song - slow and syrupy and sweet. Summer days spent close to home were simple. It was a treat.

In contrast, July's song was a symphony. Waves of busy and rest, loud and quiet, smooth and staccato. Simple and slow are not the words to describe the past month, but it was beautiful. Memorable. We were here and there and everywhere.

Our trusty mini van traveled well over 3000 miles in the past 30 days. It carried us to Florida and Tennessee, back to Michigan and over to Wisconsin. Moments with dear family and friends were in abundance.

We took a few days to pack box after box and moved to our new house. We only slept under that roof a tiny handful of times, though, because more adventures were calling. At this moment, only The Preacher Man has made it back home. We'll join him soon. After a month away, I'm excited to settle back into a normal rhythm and tackle those pesky boxes. And breathe deep. It's been a while.

Friends, I hope your summer is going along swimmingly! I'll be coming around here much more often now - tossing in highlights of the past month. Until then, here's a little peek at our July.....

grandkids 1
4th of July

disney 1
roadtrip 2
cottage 2cottage 4
roadtrip 1
4th of July 2cottage 1
cottage 3
old town 1


14 comments:

  1. Love the teaser pics, Rach! Good to have you back, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear more about your July! It sounds like so much fun, and these pics are great! I love the Disney photo, especially Si's Mickey shirt. :) We've missed you, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeee! love all these photos! especially the disney family photo! makes me really miss you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes, you've had a lot going on! And that car wash picture is entirely perfect. I love every little thing about it. Happy end-of-July, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there stranger...glad to have you back!!! You have been missed!!! Tremendous pics as always!!! Can't wait to see the Mickey pics! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear that you all are having a fabulous summer, and I LOVE the pictures. My fav is the goggles picture- OH MY what an adorable picture:)
    Cannot wait to see more pictures and hear more about your summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel, I miss you!! Your photos are amazing! I'm looking forward to hearing more about what you guys have been up too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew! What a month it's been! I love your teaser photos - they are all KILLER! Can't wait to hear more about everything. Congrats on being moved in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE THESE!!!! Hmmm... I may need to give you a ring my friend, I'm Rach-sick right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Certainly looks like a fun and on-the-go summer. So many great shots. The one of Josiah making a bee-line for that truck wash cracked me up! Mickey too?! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pictures were adorable. I can't wait to hear all about your summer adventures, and new house! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't checked in on you in FOREVER!! Can't believe how big your little boy is...PRECIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great looking month! A certain little boy I know will love to look at the fishy pic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails