Tuesday, August 16, 2011

what Nemo and M&Ms have in common

Phew.

It's the 16th already?!?

I thought that this month would bring slower days {and an internet connection, but that hasn't happened yet - hence the lack of posts from me!}, but August marches on and it's full and busy in it's own way. Church events and house projects and much more.

Oh, and potty training.

Yep, we bit that bullet.

SiGuy and I arrived home from our Wisconsin vacation on a Monday evening with only two blue and green polka-dotted diapers left. I figured it was as good a time as any to give the toilet training a whirl.

Josiah had actually shown {and voiced} interest and signs of readiness for months, but I dragged my feet. I wasn't ready or willing for this yet, especially with our long summer roadtrips and moving and major schedule changes.

So on that Tuesday morning there just happened to be M&Ms in the pantry, so we set a big jar of them out on the counter, put some Nemo "unnies" on, and kept the juice a-comin'.

The first two days were a bit of a roller-coaster. One minute we were celebrating with claps and cheers and chocolate and the next minute I was picking up "oopsies" from the family room carpeting {at least he realized what was happening and took off his Nemo's}.

After three days and 287 M&Ms, it all started to click! He now tells us when he has to go and runs off toward the bathroom shouting "quick quick quick". He doesn't even ask for the chocolate reward anymore.

We're oh so proud of our kiddo and his easy going attitude. Once again, he took a big boy transition in stride and ran with it. Just like he did with the nuks and toddler bed and babas.

Si is 2 years and 9 months old and there's really only one more *baby* item left....the beloved "Blankey Blue".

But y'all there is no way he's giving up that lovey anytime soon. Blue is in this for the long haul. And that makes this mama and her boy very happy.

Friends, I hope your August has been sunny and wonderful. Can't wait to catch up with you. Soon.

pt evening 1





10 comments:

  1. Hooray!! What a quick learner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful picture of your son in his unnies :)

    we call them unders around here.

    potty training can be horrible, I'm so glad it went so smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Si!!!!

    PS - I *missed* you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Si!!! Love the undies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Quick quick quick!"
    That is adorable.
    Way to go Si!, Do you want to come over and show my Nicky what you do when your body says go go go?
    (The kid just does not want to stop playing, he gets his work ethic from his Daddy! Cause I live for potty break, er locking the door for a few moments peace!LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've missed your blog posts! Yay for Si!! What a great job with the potty training! I love this photo--Si looks like such a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, Si!! And you look *adorable* in that photo with your unnies on :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you call Josiah "SiGuy"....thats what I've been calling my Silas since about day 1, and people look at me a little funny--glad I'm not the only one :)
    And YAY for potty training :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on potty training. That is not for the faint of heart, that's for sure!

    I LOVE that photo...the light coming through is simply amazing!!!

    Cant wait to see pics of the house, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails