Friday, September 30, 2011

pinterest challenge :: shaving cream bath paint

Josiah YeJoon was a bit of a monster all day yesterday. Moody and weepy at the drop of a hat.

So I pulled out my bag of tricks {Pinterest} and skimmed my SiGuy board for something that would bring a smile or two. Painting with shaving cream caught my eye. We had the "ingredients" and I knew he'd dig it.

During the middle of one of his moody episodes last night, I let him to know we were going to be doing something fun so he'd best come to the kitchen and see. He sat at the counter while I mixed the food coloring into the shaving cream, occasionally hollering out "Blue! Blue's my favorite. I want green please. Green Mama! What 'bout orange?".

The original idea that I "pinned" used a cute-as-a-button muffin pan to hold the shaving cream. I only have big ol' metal tins, so we used small plastic bowls instead. They worked swimmingly.


shaving cream 3
Josiah tripped all over himself running to the bathroom to strip down and hop into the tub. With a smile. This plan of mine was already working.

Green was chosen first. And then yellow.

He painted and painted and occasionally handed over the brush wanting me to have a turn. Si tends to go big or go home when it comes to picking out things for me to draw. He requested a rainstorm, a castle, a lion chasing a dinosaur, his Blue Blankey Bear and more. I only attempted a few of those. My skill level is only so high and our bathtub is only so big.

shaving cream 16
shaving cream 5
shaving cream 14
shaving cream 10
shaving cream 7
shaving cream 15
shaving cream 18
shaving cream 6
Winner winner chicken dinner, painting with shaving cream was a hit! Josiah could've sat there for hours. I got to enjoy moments of peace and quiet after a grumpy day. Plus it was easy peasy.

{Note: I did have to drain the brightly colored bath water and then wash/rinse Si quickly down again with clean H2O. And a bit of food coloring was left on the white grout, but came off easily with some tub cleaning spray.}


shaving cream 13
I have a bunch of Pinterest challenge projects in the works. Mostly crafty and house ideas. Oh, and my dear friend, Angela, and I are throwing a bridal shower for our best friend Grets! We have oodles of ideas pinned for that. Can't wait to share them with you!

How 'bout you, friends? Have you brought to life something from your Pinterest boards lately??


8 comments:

  1. I have this pinned too, but I'm a little afraid to try it since Anna still put EVERYTHING in her mouth. She LOVES to drink her bath water. I wonder how toxic shaving cream is.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I need to pick up some shaving cream for this little trick. Every Thursday I host a linky called Pinspired for posts just like this! You should link up! :)

    abrighteryellow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love this idea.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seriously have me working on your pinterest challenge. Since you started talking about it I've actually completed 3 receipes Id pinned and tomorrow I'm attempting the Christmas card idea that Ive pinned!!! Thank you for keeping me motivated:) You know I now have to do the shaving foam with Marius this week too;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it!!! Great idea. Pinning it now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I love looking at your board! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. MUST DO THIS!
    And no... must do some Pinterst art soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh... pinning this, then running out for supplies! LOVE it (And love your colors!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails