Monday, September 19, 2011

reese and me and a challenge

I've chatted before about my affection for Pinterest.

I have a big fat heart crush on that site. It's so pretty and inspiring and organized. It forever brings strings of "Oooooo" and "i.LOVE.this" and "so lovely" and "gasp!" out of my lips.

So when I was scheduled for a haircut last week, I knew that Pinterest wouldn't let me down. And she didn't. When I stumbled upon this photo of Reese Witherspoon, I knew that was the hair I wanted to copy.

It had been many moons since my last hair cut so I was excited! With my photo in hand, I headed out with long hair and came back lookin' just like Reese.....


reese hair


hair 1

hair 2
hair 3
Exactly like Reese right?!

Heh. Ok, maybe there are a few tiny differences.....I'm not that kind of gorgeous. She's all glammed up and I'm not wearing any makeup and my eye brow scar is blatantly obvious. She's at a fab movie premier and I'm taking pictures of myself in my bedroom where there is a huge laundry pile and random items thrown around.

Like I said, tiny differences.

What's important, though, is that I really like my new cut. I wanted a little bit of bang and got it. I wanted lighter and bouncier and I got it. I'm a happy girl.

This all got my little mind thinking that I need to start putting my Pinterest boards to work. I've done a few things here and there, but not much. I don't want my "pins" to go to waste.

I'm itchin' to try my hand at making this wreath and mobile and flower pin.

You know I'm be keeping my eye out for a deal on a dress like this one. This outfit is calling my name, too.

I want to hang vintage maps and pretty light fixtures. Create fun spaces and cozy little corners.

You get the picture. There's so much fun to be done!

I saw this "pin" the other day and decided to prove it wrong. :-)


pinterest
A new goal of mine is to, once a week, bring to life something from my Pinterest boards. Whether it's a recipe or craft, learning project with Si or a photography idea. So many of the ideas I've pinned are easy, fun, and inexpensive {or FREE!}. All things that are right up my alley.

I'll be sharing this new adventure of mine right here every week. I think it will be swell.

Would any of you care to join me??? Anything is more fun with friends.

Happy Monday!



11 comments:

  1. Love the hair - and..... I love pinterest.

    I am actually getting together an idea I saw on there today for my blue mason jars. I will post it later.

    I have to say - love the shower ideas too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to join you in this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is super cute and very similar.

    I have the same addiction/problem. Pintrest is a little like crack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new haircut is gorgeous!! And so are you my friend... even prettier than Reese. :-)

    I'm in. I want to put some of my pinning to use too! Or, actually show what I'm doing with all this inspiration. It's kind of sad that I'm the only one looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new hair cut!! You look beautiful. I haven't gotten into Pinterest yet, but I am tempted...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new haircut is very cute! Okay, so this might be embarrassing to admit but I don't really know what pintrest is. Can you elaborate on how you use it when you post your first project from there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new haircut! You are inspiring me to also start a project or two from my Pinterset (obsession) collection! Cant wait to see the results of your choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hair!!!! And i'm so intimidated by pintrest...but you're making me want to conquer my fear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your hair looks gorgeous, I've yet to jump on the pinterest board, but looking there for haircut ideas, genius!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous darlin'! And yes - PINTEREST LOVE!!! I have made that pin for my craft show (but with felt) - super easy! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed this post- I'm hosting a Pinterest linky every Thursday called Pinspired. Anything inspired by Pinterest can be linked! Join in!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails