Thursday, November 3, 2011

uncover beauty

I have oodles of things I could write about tonight.

A visit to the pumpkin patch. My Pinterest challenge. A dear friend's bridal shower. Our day spent at Lake Michigan. Exciting things that sweet gals have cookin' up lately. Our kitchen redo and the fab new color of our bedroom.

And more and more.

But then I came across these photos and stopped to marvel at Autumn's blooms.


flowers 2
flowers_flowers 3
Believe it or not, these beauties were growing smack in the middle of a shaddy deserted parking lot. I spied them from afar and hopped out of the passenger seat to snap some quick pics while my boys stayed in the car.

I get a thrill from finding lovely in the unlikely, the hard, the unexpected. I'm learning to really look around and see and uncover it. Brush the dirt off and shine it up if I need to. In all facets of life - from the thrift store to the spiritual to motherhood to the everyday.

There's oh so much beauty to be found.

What have you uncovered today??



3 comments:

  1. One of the coolest things that God is teaching me through photography... noticing those details. Taking my breath away with a different perspective that I would not have seen had I not viewed it through a different lens. So true in photography, so true in life!

    The flower pics are amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography is absolutely stunning. I am really enjoying reading through your lovely blog.

    antoinettemusik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a "rachel" post and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails