Thursday, December 15, 2011

our home this Christmas

I putter around all December long placing sparkly things about and hanging ornaments and creating holiday goodness. The soft warm glow of the tree is the best treat at the end of each day. 

In my book, there truly is nothing like a house all dressed up for this season. This is our first Christmas in this home and she's wearing her Sunday best as we prepare our hearts for Jesus' coming. Please come on in and enjoy! The living room is up first.....


christmas at our home 36 our house this christmas 23 christmas at our home 46 our house this christmas 3 christmas at our home 40 christmas collage 3 our house this christmas 10 our house this christmas 18 our house this christmas 6 our house this christmas 27 Christmas collage 5 our house this christmas 1_ our house this christmas 8 christmas at our home 72 Christmas collage 4
For the most part, I cleared off all of the shelves and tables to bring in the holiday decor. Some of my very favorites are the Willow Tree nativity that my mother-in-law gave me, the glittery Santas, and the two Korean hankbok ornaments that I picked out when we were waiting for Josiah to come home. We have a number of nativities, but the most special to me is the white one. My great-grandmother passed it on to my grandma who gave it to me last year. My amazing Grandpa Ray, who went to heaven this past year, repainted it in the 70s for Grandma. I think of him every time I look at it. 


Members of our church own a large tree farm and graciously invited us out to their fields to choose and chop down a tree. I'm thrilled with the one we found this year. It's big and full with the softest needles. It's covered in oodles of ornaments - most of which hold special memories or were gifts from sweet family. If I absolutely had to choose favorites, I'd pick the scripture ones. To me, they are unique and are always front and center on the tree.....


christmas at our home 38 christmas at our home 66 christmas at our home 62 christmas at our home 64 christmas at our home 56 Christmas collage 7 christmas at our home 65 Christmas collage 6
While most of the Christmas bling is in the living room, the kitchen is decked out, too. Our advent calendar is hanging there as well as our our stockings. Stacks of cards and ornaments can be found all around....


our house this christmas 2 christmas at our home 71 our house this christmas 26 christmas at our home 44 christmas at our home 4849 christmas at our home 50- christmas collage 2 our house this christmas 20 christmas at our home 31
Our bedrooms are sprinkled with bits of holiday cheer as well, especially Josiah's room. He loves the little trees in his room and helped me make the banner from a First Christmas book {dollar store!}. I smiled wide when I found the sweet little drummer boy at a local thrift shop for pennies. The other tiny figures in the "snow" are beloved favorites from my childhood. My talented Grandma Lois handmade the ornaments on the tree.....

our house this christmas 12 christmas at our home 48 christmas at our home 67- our house this christmas 11 Christmas collage 8 our house this christmas 28 our house this christmas 29
Both the Silent Night, Holy Night words in the kitchen and the Little Dummer boy shown here on my dresser were free printables from Dear Lillie. Jennifer has such a gorgeous site and shop! She is so talented and her home is absolutely stunning.

Christmas is such a precious time of year. My hope is that as we gather with loved ones and admire the beauty around, our hearts would focus the most on that sweet Savior babe in the manger. The reason who made all this magic possible. 

Thanks so much for stopping by our home! Decorations are all the more wonderful when they can be shared with friends. 


*****

Joining in with Erin's Oh What Fun TourKelly's Korner Show Us Your Life,  The Nester's 2011 Christmas Tour of Homes and The Inspired Room's Christmas Home Tours. Head over to take in many, many other homes dressed up for Christmas! 


christmas at our home 33
our house this christmas 16our house this christmas 17
our house this christmas 15

21 comments:

  1. So cozy and inviting! Thanks for sharing Rachel. I love visiting your blog, and wanted to also say thanks for taking the time to share your words. Many blessings to you and your beautiful family in this Advent and Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachel - your home looks so cozy!!!

    I love the Nativity from your M-I-L.
    And love grandma's ornaments in Si's room.

    Merry Christmas to the three of you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stopping by from Kelly's Korner
    your decorations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are too many favorites! I love your nativity & your little set of Santas. The Silent Night & Holy Night prints are so pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you get the nail ornament? It's gorgeous and very meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is truly beautiful...and I LOVE your adoption story--I was miraculously adopted by loving Christian parents when I was almost six...so I know the miracle.

    Many blessings to you!!

    Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays,
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a beautiful home and Christmas decorations! I love your Willow Tree Nativity Scene & all of your ornaments! Merry CHRISTmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful home! Have a very merry christmas :) **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stacy, the nail ornament was a gift to my husband from my mom. I believe she got it at a local Christian bookstore, but I just searched and found it on ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ornament-Cross-Nails-set-two-FREE-SHIP-/280590678812

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a beautiful home decorated for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It all looks so beautiful! It could be a magazine spread! Your photographs are lovely - esp the tree and light bokeh!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the special touches you included in your decor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are such beautiful Christmas photo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that wreath! Did you make it? gorgeous!! I love your nativity scene so pretty! Your house is goregous and your decorating is awesome I am gonna have to try to do that wreath when I get well lol

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the attention to detail! Everything looks so perfect - and gorgeous tree! Did you make your yarn wreath? Its lovely too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow....what a beautiful holiday home you've created, Rachel! I love the natural elements combined with the pops of red and green. So pretty! It's such a blessing having so many things with sweet memories attached to them.... ♥ Hope you don't mind if I Pinned a couple of your photos. They were too beautiful not to! And may I use one of your scripture ornament photos in one of my posts? Merry Christmas to you!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, your Christmas Home is absolutly GORGEOUS, Rachel! Merry Christmas!!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful! Your home looks beautiful all decked out for Christmas. Following you. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. your home looks amazing!!! i love the vintage nativity bunting- i made a snowman one that was very similar this year in style! love all your special touches!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved looking at all your gorgeous photos. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails